• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is Kaepora Gaebora Rauru

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
Well that's pretty much it. All we really have as far as solid evcidence is a cryptic blurb from a gossip stone. There's plenty of circumstantial evidence, however, so tell me what you think!

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
Good call, I haven't read through the whole thing yet. If Kaepora Gaebora is Rauru, then how is it that he is the reincarnation of an ancient sage?

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Good call, I haven't read through the whole thing yet. If Kaepora Gaebora is Rauru, then how is it that he is the reincarnation of an ancient sage?
Because Rauru is never seen outside of the sacred realm. I'd guess that his physical body in the real world died while his spirit lived on in the sacred realm, so he was reincarnated as an owl.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
He whom? Did Kaebora Gaebora reincarnate as Rauru and grow ancient within seven years? Was...huh. Not that it's really an answer to any question but people in the light world seem to become animals when they pass into the dark realm (or other alternate realities like the Twilight Realm) so perhaps people in the dark world also become animals when they pass into the light. That seems to preclude the idea of reincarnation though...and Ganondorf didn't get all anthro on us. Also if Kaepora Gaebora Is the reincarnation of an ancient sage, then Rauru is probably reincarnated several times like Link and Zelda.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
as I see it, Rauru is in the Sage's realm and his vessel on Hyrule is The Owl. it's not that he is reincarnated, it's that his spirit possesses the Owl

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
as I see it, Rauru is in the Sage's realm and his vessel on Hyrule is The Owl. it's not that he is reincarnated, it's that his spirit possesses the Owl
Now that's what I'm thinking but I feel like it would be ignoring the mention of reincarnation to go with that.

Rauru is most likely dead and just uses Kaepora as a living vessel, so yes, in a way, he IS reincarnated. The other Sages don't have vessels because they're living (or at least were before Link completes their respective temples depending on if you believe the theory they died or not)

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
I have a hard time buying that Rauru was dead because 90% of "Zelda theories" now are about how people were dead the whole time. Not that it's wrong, I'm just averse to the idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom