• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is It Worth Buying? People Who Have Experienced It Should Kno

I

iphoneunoplayer

My latest DS I have bought was the nintendo DSi XL 25th anniversary addition, and I'm wondering if the nintendo 3DS is worth buying, is nintendo really making money off this, or r they wasting work time? Please respond to those simple few questions, thx

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
Oh my goodness, are you serious? Yes it's worth buying. I have not bought any of the redesigns of the DS. THOSE, were a waste of time and money. I stuck with the original, and even I'M going for the 3DS.

Last edited:
I

iphoneunoplayer

Ok thank u for ur response but most people around here in the real world (Washington states outdoors lol) r saying that it's not worth rebuying any of the already made games and that the only games that R coming out for it r all just gonna b remakes so I agree, all the games r just gonna b remakes, so what's the point?

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
You sir, are extremely misguided. Where have you gotten this information from? Also, what makes Washington any more real than anywhere else? If anything, they're out of their minds for saying those things.
Only two remakes have been anounced so far, and don't expect many more. The 3DS is so powerful and feature rich, that all the snoody developers that disssed the Wii all these years are making games for it! The upcoming lineup is unbelievable. The US launch titles... eh, less than ideal, but believe me when I say, it's going to get good.

C

CannibalPieChan

First of all, speak proper English. "r" is not a word, it's a letter. I'd also like to point out that most everyone on the internet is real. Washington is not the only real place in the world. If you think it is, I do believe you should be in grade school learning your basic geography again.

Now to your question: The 3DS isn't a remodel of a DS, its a new handheld. Not buying is like sticking with a Gamecube when the Wii comes out. After a while, there will be no DS games anymore. The current DS system cannot run 3DS games. And for another thing, not all the games are remakes. I only know of one remake for that handheld: Ocarina of Time 3D. I know they're making a new Kid Icarus game just for the 3DS, and probably a lot of new things. Just because it doesn't look like there's a lot at this moment in time, doesn't mean there won't ever be a wide selection. Personally, I'm going to wait to get a 3DS for two reasons: 1. I just got my DSi in August (and I only got that one because my first DS broke), and 2. I'm going to college next year and money will be an object of fantasy. Overall, the 3DS is a good investment. Like I said before, not buying it would be like not buying a Wii.

jugglaj91

I am me....
It is worth buying. It will much better graphics than the original DS's did, and with the 3D depth slider it will make it more immersive. I have tried it out, but long after I preordered it. It only confirmed all of my beliefs I had with this console. It isn't something that will be remade anytime in the near future, Nintendo already confirmed this. As far as games go, the launch lineup is usually nothing to go by. Its a new system and everyone is still working on the better stuff. Also the only "remakes" will be OoT and Star Fox 64. The rest are all original titles so far. Mario, Kid Icarus, Kingdom Hearts, are all going to be brand new.

I

iphoneunoplayer

Ok thank u guys for all the comments U can expect me 2 b buying it soon after t comes out

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
I would hold on to that limited edition Mario DSi XL, those are going to be worth something someday. The 3ds will only go down in price.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I have bought the Dsi XL as well, and for now I'm not gonna get the 3ds, as I have other priorities for now, but, hold on to it, and, if you can, buy the 3DS, as it is an entirely new system

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
Buy it now! Not buying it will send you to hell by very painful death!(Assuming you belive in hell) Plus the only remakes are OoT3D ans Starfox3D, so many of the games are new!

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
Mine's paid for in full. I'm planning to go to that gamestop midnight release. I wonder if I can just waltz past the line and go get it, then leave... and walk away with my trollface on.
233654trollface.jpg

Last edited:

SuperGanondorf

Ballos's Minion
Well, of course it's worth buying! Well, once Nintendo actually back up their system with actual good games later in the year. I'll be waiting until Nintendo releases something good. For such a hyped console, Nintendo is certainly disappointing at launch.

Of course, when OoT 3D comes out all will be forgiven. But yes, I'll be waiting until there's something good to actually play.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Of course you should buy one! The 3D is one of the most amazing things they have been able to do with the DS! I can't afford on until September, so consider yourself lucky if you can afford one. Also, on these forums we encourage proper grammar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom