• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Is It Really the Triforce?

pupairo12

Skyward Sword Anticipator
Ok, all around this forum I've heard that the power of the Gods granted to Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf in Twilight Princess is the Triforce. I know it looks like it, but I don't know if it really is. The main problem I have is that
During the final battle, when the three are within 20 feet of each other
the Triforce doesn't resonate. So, is it really the triforce? :triforce:

Hero of…. #s, I guess
Well, my theory is that

Zelda passes on her Triforce piece to Midna when she heals her

So I think that it is still canonically correct that the Triforce of Power is held by Ganondorf and the Triforce of Courage is held by Link.

pupairo12

Hmm. I always thought
Zelda gave Midna her soul, which explains why she was never conscious before Midna gave the gift back and she could be possessed by Ganondorf so easily.
But that's just me I guess.

pupairo12

That's WindWaker... That is easily explained. But we're talking about Twilight Princess JJ.

Squirrel

The Rodent King
Yes, it's the Triforce. Why wouldn't it be? I mean, it's the same symbol and it was described to be given to them by the gods, as you said. I really see no reason to doubt that it's the Triforce.
I agree that there's no doubt it's the triforce. The question is why didn't anything happen when the 3 pieces were that close to each other? Some people say this:
Well, my theory is that
Zelda passes on her Triforce piece to Midna when she heals her
So I think that it is still canonically correct that the Triforce of Power is held by Ganondorf and the Triforce of Courage is held by Link.
That seems to me to be the only reasonable answer.

pupairo12

Well, if that were the case, then basically it would be resonating whenever you talked to Midna, or any time really.

Sabel27

Advanced Ocarinaist
-SPOILERS: READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!-

Hmm...this is quite an interesting topic...

My answer is yes, it is the Triforce. My proof as to why resides below. ^^

Let's go back to Hyrule Castle. Do you remember when Zelda passed on her soul to Midna? Zelda holds her palm to Link and the Triforce resonates. She also mentions that, like Link, she has been granted special powers by the goddesses. As she mentions this, she holds her hand up to Link so that he can see the Triforce on her hand. Again, it resonates. But, there are times in this cutscene where Zelda's hand does not resonate at all, yet Link and Zelda are still in the same room. I have posted some pictures below of different times when the Triforce is shown on Zelda's hand.

::NOTE::
These pictures are from the Wii version, so everything will be reversed.

Triforce1.png

NOT RESONATING

Triforce2.png

RESONATING

Triforce3.png

RESONATING

Triforce4.png

NOT RESONATING

As you can see, Link and Zelda are together the entire cutscene, but the Triforce on Zelda's hand only show itself and resonates a couple of times, whereas Link's paw doesn't resonate at all.

I think that Nintendo determines when the Triforce resonates according to how dramatic the scene appears to be. For example, Zelda was clearly stating that she was one of the three chosen ones. Showing the Triforce on the back of her hand proves her point. Nintendo seems to only show the resonating Triforce when needed. If the Triforce was resonating the entire time, the scene would lose some dramatic effect. Just imagine if the Triforce was resonating throughout the entire scene; it might start getting annoying after a while...

Let's take a look at another cutscene in Twilight Princess; the Final Battle.

As you have already stated, Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf are all within 20 feet of each other in the Final Battle, yet their Triforces don't resonate. Again, this is due to the fact that Nintendo wanted to make this scene dramatic, and it wouldn't be very dramatic if their hands were resonating the entire cutscene and battle. Here are some more pictures for you to examine.

Triforce5.png

NOT RESONATING

Triforce6.png

RESONATING

Triforce7.png

NOT RESONATING

Triforce8.png

RESONATING

Triforce9.png

NOT RESONATING

::NOTE::
The last two images, are showing Ganondorf's death when the Triforce slowly fades away.

As you can see, these pictures back up my point that there are no set times when the Triforce is supposed to resonate. I think that the resonation of the Triforce is only put in the game when when the scene needs to be a little bit more dramatic.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom