• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is It Really Game Over for the Wii?

R

rocker_3

wii may not have that many hardcore games, but the ones they have had were amazing! call of duty 5, guitar hero, metroid prime 3, madworld, no more heroes, house of the dead, resident evil, and the upcoming disaster :day of crisis. (and lets not forget Twilight princess!)
i admit, a lot of 3rd parties have been making crap games that seem like they were made in 10 minutes ( my littlist pet shop? seriously?) but there is one game coming up that looks extremely promising: the conduit!
but i do think nintendo knows about this problem and they better fix it

I think that Nintendo should stay on the path that they are on now.
I also really don't know why people make up fancy terms like hardcore games, games are games, there's no need to label games.

I think that Nintendo should stay on the path that they are on now.

I know that this is your opinion and I respect that but if Nintendo keeps going the way they are people will keep getting annoyed at the lack of great games and the many thousands of games that are suckage made by third party companies.

Suck it up Nintendo and stop making the pansy games; make the games that your true fans want to play.

Exactly. It's like Nintendo have become lazy lately with their releases. Besides Twilight Princess/Mario Galaxy and maybe Metroid Prime 3, there has been no hardcore games, or no mention of them. It's all been Wii Fit, Wii Shopping, Wii Do the Dishes and Wii Catch the Bus, you get the idea.

Your avatar reminds me of another series, that needs a huge game to relaunch itself and for the Wii too - Kirby. If there was an original Kirby adventure for the Wii, there'll be sales too.

Not Kirby Racing or Wii Race with Kirby by the way.

Johnny Boy

Doctor JB!
Great!
Now that would definately bring sales back up with our beloved Kirby!
I can't wait, and honestly, I'm already a fan of this new Kirby game.:clap:

UsayEldaZay

Designed with you in mind
Nintendo just has alot of projects. Still, no excuse. The wii was such a success! Everyone has it practically! The number of games being made for the wii has totally stopped while the DS and new DSI continue to push further and further. I agree that there should be a mix of more mature leveled games as well as the family friendly ones. It would be sad to see such an awesome system get stuck in the corner, but that's what appears to be happening. But you never can know for sure, maybe Nintendo has some tricks up their sleeves for the wii. Let us hope !!!!!!!

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
The Wii should be having a little bit of a decline lately as because no real hardcore games have been released. Sales will most likely pick up though when Wii Sports Resort comes out. If Nintendo would just make more hardcore games to please their fans, their sales would be fine. But instead they go off and make crap like Dora the Explorer: Unleashed. :mellow: Maybe even releasing some of the good games from back in the day like Super Mario Kart or Majora's Mask on the VC will bring sales up.

Um, that is a third party game. Or aren't you aware of the concept? Blame 3rd parties for their crap, not Nintendo.

And Japanese gamers going to the 360? Are you joking? The Wii's sales aren't anything worth writing home about but the 360's are even worse. And the money hats that MS through to various JRPG makers meant squat there and here in fact.

And you people complain about "casual" games. Wii Sports, Wii Fit and Wii Music. I'll toss in Mario Party. Nintendo has released much more in the way of games specifically tuned to our particular interests. Yes I would like at least see more in the way of information and for them to stop withholding certain games for some reason (Fatal Frame and Disaster come to mind) but I'm tired of these paranoid little ravings that Nintendo is abandoning "hardcores". Why not complain to the various third parties who for the most part have failed to live up to their side of the gaming bargain? Most of the cash in crap that has come the Wii's way have been from them not Nintendo.

well, With things and money as how they are...well, quite simply, people probably can't afford them. Then again,all things have good days and bad days. Maybe it will gte better for Nintendo...or worse...But we don't know, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Made_Of_Win

Hugh Jackman's Boxers
Nintendo always ends up losing in the end anyways. It always comes back big and then dies real quick because it just can't keep up with X-Box and Playstation.

Nintendo should be given huge props because they always impress with their systems and it's hard to stay on top of things when you have two heavyweight consoles like X-Box and PS who will always be the top two battling it out in the end.

A consoles get a price chop within a year or two of release so it's not a huge deal and with a poor economy, everyone is hurting.

Akiranon

Fallen Knight
Those crappy shovelware titles you're talking about aren't even published by Nintendo. And as far as I can tell Nintendo isn't doing anything wrong. Instead of targeting the old school users, they now target a more casual audience. We all knew a second Gamecube would've failed anyway (instead we get one with a new controller ;D). In a sense, Nintendo saved its own hide by doing things differently.

Just think about it. For the last two years the Wii has been selling like hotcakes; a small decline doesn't hurt Nintendo at all. It does mean that Nintendo should probably release some new interesting games/ideas. And that's what they did: Wiimotion Plus. Whether it's too late, I don't know. But one thing's for sure. Nintendo isn't going bankrupt anytime soon. :P

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
Personally, other than the lack of these so-called "Hardcore" games, I don't see anything wrong. The numer of mature games is the main reason why I avoid the Playstations and XBoxs. I like how Nintendo, while they do have some mature games, still focus more on the family-like games. AS for better graphics, some games do well with realistic graphics, but I find that most of the good (IMO) games for Nintendo are better with the semi-cartooniness that they are known for. Although I know that nice graphics don't always equal realism, but that's what a lot of people think. I like good graphics, but frankly, I'm not a huge fan of the realism.

That's just my thought.

Last edited:
Personally, other than the lack of these so-called "Hardcore" games, I don't see anything wrong. The numer of mature games is the main reason why I avoid the Playstations and XBoxs.

I dont like the fact that there are only a few games that are mature, At the second the only ones I can think of are Call of Duty 5, The Legend of Zelda:TP (Even though that is because of fighting, Not for gore) and Mad World which is the worst looking killing game I have seen on the wii. I think that as I get older the Nintendo is going to become more and more boring, The only games I am starting to like are Zelda, Mario, Kirby and a few others.

General Lee

Classic Gamer
I don't see why the lack of mature or "hardcore" games would make a system bad. I really dislike games that all you do it shoot the heck out of anything that appears on your screen, and thats the main reason I got a Wii instead of a PS3 or 360. Games like that require very little skill to play, and really, after a while you don't even need to think during the game. I bought CoD: WaW on my Wii, and it was the biggest waste of 60$ Ive spent. It gets way to easy after a while, and in result, it just sits there on my shelf. I would really like there to be some good quality games out there, or more RPGs. FPS games are fun once in a while but not generally. So I really wouldnt understand why you would think the Wii is getting worse. In my mind, its the best new gen system.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
No need to act overhasted, or they will have the same downfall as Sega in the past.
Nintendo just do what they want to do.

The gore games you talk about, well comparing with the games of the GC-generation, a lot of third-party bloody games came to the wii. Not to mention that the third-party developers are the ones who offered to make the games. For instance Ubisoft with Red Steel (sequel coming), Tenchu shadow assassins, The Conduit. And i believe they will make more in the future.
They already want to be the developer of No More Heroes 2. Also a New Assassins creed will also come to the Wii.
Thats shows that Ubisoft really like to experiment and take fully use of the motion controls.

With graphics, sure its not good as the xbox360 and ps3.
But nintendo takes it step by step. And its a fact that the sales for the wii beats xbox360 and ps3 combined. The next gen nintendo console will surely focus and the graphics.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom