• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is it really a timeline anyway?

K

kris94

It is called "The Legend Of Zelda", then it`s a legend.
Legends are storys we don`t know is true or not so,
is every game true?
Is it a timline?

But I began to wonder when i saw "Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link"
It isn`t "The Legend of Zelda: The Adventure of Link"
but "Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link".

So does anyone agree or disagree?

C

Charlie

Well according to the Zelda Wiki, the creators have a timeline their system which is private and only for their eyes. So there must be a order to it somewhere.

Maybe, one day it will all make sense. Then we'll be sitting there going "WTF?!" even more.

It really is named The Legend of Zelda 2 - The Adventure of Link...always go by the original name. And LoZ is really called The Legend of Zelda - The Hyrule Fantasy.

Alder Dragon

Classic Gamer
I agree - Given the term "Legend" it makes it difficult to know whether these things are meant to be as if they were real historic events in the Zelda world. Imagine it though, Link's Awakening - playing a game.. about a myth, about a guy having a dream. It's getting pretty far out there.

Ah well - I never really looked into piecing together the games, I'd rather view each game as a whole new adventure.

Mehplep

Simply awesome
The "legend" about Zelda is the one in AoL - about the Zelda put to eternal sleep by a evil wizard. But I don't know, I think rest of the games are called Legend of Zelda just to avoid confusion.

Uh...ok.

I think that there is a Timeline, but only Nintendo knows it, because they're the makers of the game series (obviously).

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
so far as i know, nintendo didn't intend to make a timeline on purpose, because for the people who play zelda the first time doesnn 't have to play every game to understand the storyline.

but still most of the zelda games has a connection with each other.
there is a timeline but its not an official timeline that nintendo made.
i think miyamoto himself lost track of the timeline.

about the term "legend", they are stories that are passed on to each generation without a way to prove it.

i think its quite logical that the term "legend" is used (well most of the zelda games)
it depends of the title most of the time.

I agree, there are connections, but no true timeline. Timeline theories really didn't popup until the release of Ocarina of Time, that game screwed everything up. I also think not until OoT was there ever a timeline...each game was its own legend.

zeldusfanaticus

im the puppet master
Each game is so different that a true timeline seems unlikely. If there is a timeline, there are major plot holes, like how Ganon always manages to come back from the dead and kidnap Zelda again and again. The games may have happened in a certain order, but they're probably not connected. They're all their own legends.

Each game is so different that a true timeline seems unlikely. If there is a timeline, there are major plot holes, like how Ganon always manages to come back from the dead and kidnap Zelda again and again. The games may have happened in a certain order, but they're probably not connected. They're all their own legends.

Simple, its because he had the Triforce of Power...But I dont think each game is its own legend, but more of the games are their own legendS. LoZ connects with AoL, ALttP connects with LA...and etc.

Thats because it has only been confirmed in LoZ that Ganon(dorf) dies. In all the other ones hes either sealed into a different realm and in the case of TWW, turned to stone.

If he dies in the original, then how can he come back ever again? Also, if getting stabbed in the head with the Master Sword doesn't constitute dying, what the hell does?
...Wow. That was one of the noobiest things I've ever heard.
Is the first Zelda game the first game in the timeline? No, OoT is. Nintendo already stated that OoT is first and LoZ and AoL are last.
That means...if LoZ is second to last...and Ganon(dorf) dies in LoZ...which is the second to last...then that means...zomg! Ganon(dorf) doesn't die in the first game of the timeline!

Also...did you watch the scenes in TWW? If you did, then you would know that Ganon(dorf) was turned to stone. I'm pretty sure I pointed that out earlier.

zeldusfanaticus

im the puppet master
...Wow. That was one of the noobiest things I've ever heard.
Is the first Zelda game the first game in the timeline? No, OoT is. Nintendo already stated that OoT is first and LoZ and AoL are last.
That means...if LoZ is second to last...and Ganon(dorf) dies in LoZ...which is the second to last...then that means...zomg! Ganon(dorf) doesn't die in the first game of the timeline!

Also...did you watch the scenes in TWW? If you did, then you would know that Ganon(dorf) was turned to stone. I'm pretty sure I pointed that out earlier.

Oh yeah, cause you would so not be dead if you only turned to stone with a frickin sword in your head. And I'm sorry I have a life outside of this frickin game. Shoot me if you must.

Oh yeah, cause you would so not be dead if you only turned to stone with a frickin sword in your head. And I'm sorry I have a life outside of this frickin game. Shoot me if you must.
Uh...ok.
*Shoots kehau12*

Did Nintendo confirm the split timeline? I hear from a lot of people that they did...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom