• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tech Help Is It Possible To

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpiritGerudo

Flamey-o, Hotman!
Does anyone know if it's possible to take just the audio track off of a DVD? If it is possible, how? My brother said that it might be possible but he doesn't know how to, and I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing.

It's actually quite easy, if you have the right software and hardware.

First, you will need to rip the full video file off of the DVD. Use HandBreak and libdvdcss.dll for this. Oh, and hopefully you have access to a quad-core computer because otherwise, this step would take over an hour. This is because it takes a lot of computing power to break the copy protection of a DVD.

After you have the video file, use Freemake Video Convertor to convert the MP4 to a MP3. This step might also take some time, depending on how powerful your computer is. Once Freemake is finished converting the file, you'll have an MP3 containing the audio track of the DVD.

Maybe you can try some video converters. I always use Tenorshare Windows Video Converter , which is an excellent converter to convert videos without quality loss. In addition, this program allows you to edit videos during conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom