• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is It Possible to Have a FAVOURITE Zelda Game?

I personally believe it is difficult to pick favorites as well. My clear leader has been Ocarina of Time for some time now but from that point forward things start to get shaky. Every subsequent installment has excelled in some specific area-Majora's Mask delved into a deeper, more emotional narrative; The Wind Waker bucked the realism trend creating a surprisingly believable and heartwarming cartoon world while incorporating a bold transportation system; The Minish Cap perfected the paragon of 2D gaming that was A Link to the Past; Twilight Princess dabbled in a darker aesthetic; Skyward Sword produced the finest motion controls on the market to date.

It ultimately boils down to what you value most in a Zelda game. Is it the story, the gameplay, the graphics or a mix of all three? One fantastic organization method I observed in a thread this past summer was categorizing Zelda games by tier-Holy Tier, Great Tier, Good Tier, etc.-in order to differentiate the best from the rest and pinpoint what factors allure you most to the series. It's a system I've recently considered using in order to cement my Zelda ranking list.

Tin Skulltula

Tin Skulltula
Its ok to have a favorite. Just as long as it's ok for everyone else to have one too.
Ocarina of Time for me. My first introduction to the series. My baptism of fire, if you will. It's the tone, and the music, and the landscape. The story, I will admit, is the most typical "runnathemill" LoZ story. But hey they set the standard.
oh zelda II is my second...

onebizarrekai

gay energy
Well, yeah, depending on what game style you like.

My favorite is Wind Waker, believe it or not. It was my first game, I love the story and the graphics are cute :)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
No. It is not possible to have a favorite.

Out of curiosity, why do you say that? Sarcasm, irony, satire? Or maybe you really think that it's impossible to have a favorite? I mean, you're allowed to think the way you want! Not trying to change that xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom