• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is It Just Me?

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I really want the Wii U to do well; I had a 64 and GameCube when I was younger and now I have a Wii and the Wii is easily my least favorite system. I really want Nintendo to be viewed as 'hardcore' because I feel like I'm not taken seriously as a gamer because I don't play COD.

Zorato

"Frocobo says die!"
I don't want to be negative, but I think that the WiiU is going to be awful, I don't want to buy it, I'm not impressed by it, I just want a normal console from nintendo.

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
I just want F-Zero, GOOD Handheld Zelda games, long and challenging games, good third party support, Mother(3D, cutscenes and HD) A good selection of VC games, Pilotwings, Star fox, etc. I don't care if a casual game is 3rd Party, there are a few for NES to GC, But when Nintendo decide to focus on casual rip offs, it truly annoys me. But with the titles on 3DS, I can see Wii U succeeding.

I just want F-Zero, GOOD Handheld Zelda games, long and challenging games, good third party support, Mother(3D, cutscenes and HD) A good selection of VC games, Pilotwings, Star fox, etc. I don't care if a casual game is 3rd Party, there are a few for NES to GC, But when Nintendo decide to focus on casual rip offs, it truly annoys me. But with the titles on 3DS, I can see Wii U succeeding.

Bringing F-Zero and Star Fox back is a must!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I want the Wii U to do well because back in the N64 days, we had great third party games. The GC had somewhat great 3rd party games, but the Wii? That's left with nothing at all. Say what you will, but having a good Call of Duty on a Nintendo system would be GOLD for the company. I don't mean functioning gameplay, I mean great graphics. Face it: if you want a great company, you NEED realistic graphics in this day and age.

Demise

Army Strong
I don't want to be negative, but I think that the WiiU is going to be awful, I don't want to buy it, I'm not impressed by it, I just want a normal console from nintendo.
I really hope your wrong. I still have faith in it, but time will tell.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I think your concerns stem from the fact that Nintendo has once again ditched a classic controller for motion gaming, and with the added annoyance of tablet-like configuration. We don't need that, that's what uDraw is for. We don't need motion gaming as the regular controls of a GameCube controller work just fine. But then again, we're finally going to get HD from Nintendo, so who really cares?
:xd:

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
I want the Wii U to do well because back in the N64 days, we had great third party games. The GC had somewhat great 3rd party games, but the Wii? That's left with nothing at all. Say what you will, but having a good Call of Duty on a Nintendo system would be GOLD for the company. I don't mean functioning gameplay, I mean great graphics. Face it: if you want a great company, you NEED realistic graphics in this day and age.
Agreed. This system will have 3D Capability, Native, full HD (1090p, I heard :O) and the controls and HD graphics will make people buy the Wii U for COD. That is if, "XBOX 720" and PS4 doesn't come out. I think Nintendo made a mistake announcing it early.

Agreed. This system will have 3D Capability, Native, full HD (1090p, I heard :O) and the controls and HD graphics will make people buy the Wii U for COD. That is if, "XBOX 720" and PS4 doesn't come out. I think Nintendo made a mistake announcing it early.

True 1080 p not upscaled you mean.

N64 had the least games of any Nintendo system-just over 100. How could it have more third party support than GCN?

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs
As nice as it would be for the WiiU to succeed, let's be reasonable. Nintendo would need to take a step back from the motion controls, it was a fine experiment with the Wii but there were several games that could have been far better if you weren't 'waggling' all the time.

The controller. The controller will need to really pull its weight. It’s incredibly bulky and i'm sure that I wasn't the only person who saw it and thought 'that looks uncomfortable'. Yes, it has an extra screen. Yes, it allows you to 'flip' a game off the TV onto it. But it needs to be worthwhile.

In a sense the WiiU needs to learn from the Wii and the DS range to do well. If a game has motion controls, they need to be added responsibly, not just thrown in because it can. If the controller is going to be that big, and likely mandatory for a fair portion of games, it needs to make up for the its size.

Of course everything i've just said is simply from my opinion.

As nice as it would be for the WiiU to succeed, let's be reasonable. Nintendo would need to take a step back from the motion controls, it was a fine experiment with the Wii but there were several games that could have been far better if you weren't 'waggling' all the time.

The controller. The controller will need to really pull its weight. It’s incredibly bulky and i'm sure that I wasn't the only person who saw it and thought 'that looks uncomfortable'. Yes, it has an extra screen. Yes, it allows you to 'flip' a game off the TV onto it. But it needs to be worthwhile.

In a sense the WiiU needs to learn from the Wii and the DS range to do well. If a game has motion controls, they need to be added responsibly, not just thrown in because it can. If the controller is going to be that big, and likely mandatory for a fair portion of games, it needs to make up for the its size.

Of course everything i've just said is simply from my opinion.

People who tried out the controller noted it was fine to use. That, however, is a personal opinion and each person will not to try out the "tablet" controller on his/her own. Pack the system with good launch games and give it continued support (i.e. SNES) and you have a runaway hit.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
What mistake? Theoretically speaking, Nintendo entering the 8th generation so early means that Sony and M$ need to catch up. In practice, Nintendo could flop like they did with the 3DS, but time'll tell that story.

People who tried out the controller noted it was fine to use. That, however, is a personal opinion and each person will not to try out the "tablet" controller on his/her own. Pack the system with good launch games and give it continued support (i.e. SNES) and you have a runaway hit.
I agree completely. If the Wii U is given great launch games, it'll be great for its lifetime.

To be honest, I think that Nintendo has the right idea to bring HD graphics to the WiiU. The problem I fear is, once the next generation will start, we will see a rarity in third party exclusives. Why? Because publishers will probably want to milk every dollar out of what they spend. Why release a game for one console, when you can release it on 3, and PC, and two handhelds, and 3 smartphone platforms?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Well, what does it matter if a 3rd party game is exclusive or not? I could argue that releasing a game on multiple systems is a great thing. Not only is the company making money, but it's also giving access to any one game to many a people! Added points if the game in question is great, and the ports therein are heavily similar minus obvious things like toning down graphics for PSVita/3DS, and icon changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom