• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Is It Just Me?

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
So after reading of the supposedly "haunted" Majora's Mask game, I immediately knew it was fake. What really surprised me though was that even though the game was hacked and put together quite well (story wise), in a little part of my mind, I was wishing the story was true. I mean, who wouldn't want to play a haunted game and feel yourself becoming too engrossed in it for your own good? I think it would be awesome if it was real! (I'm a sucker for a good creepy story here and there.)

Anyway, the point of this thread is to bring up something I noticed. As soon as I finished reading the story, watching the videos, and thinking about it, I found myself becoming way more interested in MM than I was before. Do you feel the same way?

Also, I realized...or wondered rather...was this just a way of making MM a little bit more known and popular? I mean, the game itself didn't get the greatest amount of feedback and it made me curious as to whether or not someone was finally sick of OoT getting all the attention, and made something that would get people more interested in MM. What are your thoughts?

Well... I've always like Majora's Mask best XD But I did notice a small surge in MM stuff on the internet lately, and it's probably in part due to the popularity of this story! That makes me happy, because I wish more people saw what I do in MM :3

I totally agree with you on that one! Whoever did it most likely did because he thought it would be fun (and because..well, he could) But there's really not a doubt in my mind he had at least a small idea of trying to bring this game back out into the mainstream. He could have done this with any wildly popular game (like OoT or even Mario 64, which was considered the best N64 game by most gamer). Had he done that, most likely he would've gotten MUCH more attention, but instead he chose the less popular and well-known Majora's Mask. I think that itself is a hint at his motivation to get this game more popularity. And it certainly worked with me as well. I've loved the game since it came out in 2000, yet the story still managed to get me interested in the game in a whole new way. And seeing as how I'm not the only one, that really is a great accomplishment right there.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
That's one possibility .. another one I commented on in another thread is that it was also a way to market Cleverbot (I never even heard of it until the story and I'm willing to bet the site got tons of hits as a result of the story, wanting to talk to "BEN" or at least pretend to).

Whatever the case, I agree .. I knew it wasn't real pretty much from the get go, but it was very well put together and he came up with a pretty good back story, and did a good job keeping you intrigued, wondering "what's gonna happen next?"

I think not only does it spark new interest to MM, but it can rekindle old interest as well. It would be interesting to get a tally of how many people began playing MM either for the first time or for the first time in a long time because of Jadusable's story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom