• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Is It Even Possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it even possible for someone who plays this game for the first time to beat it 100%? I was just wondering, I mean honestly this whole game itself is one giant puzzle of trading sequences and sidequests.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I did the first time I played but that's because I got lost and knew was I far in the game. I was younger than 10 when this game came out and our family didn't have internet access either so I couldn't use walkthroughs, I also didn't have the game guide for it either.

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
Sure it is possible, it takes some serious skill for sure, for example when i was 6 i got the collectors edition i managed to beat all OoT except the Happy Mask quest and MM i did complete it 100% though it took me like 2 months and OoT like a weel maybe. So yeah its possible, but it depends on how much you are into the game and if you READ what people says to you it will be easier and you will be able to reason how and what to do next.

I don't think its impossible, but i'm sure many used a guide, especially for some of the sidequests. Some seem outright impossible if you don't do certain things at a certain time.

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
I would think.. no. I'm not saying that it's impossible in general, but for the first play, yes. Besides, your first intention is to just beat the game. Then maybe playthrough it again, and try to recieve a 100%.

I'm assuming that you mean is it possible for someone to 100% complete this game before they defeat Majora, and not just on their first save file. Assuming this, it isn't impossible, as you don't need to have beat Majora to acquire anything as far as I'm aware. Sure, it takes a lot of skill and time, especially since a lot of players won't know when they need to brack track to certain areas after certain points in the game to collect items. The odds of this happening are extemely low, as I said above, it would take a lot of skill. But yeah, it's not impossible. However, correct me if I'm wrong with what I'm assuming. If you just meant on their first playthrough, without a guide, then yes, it's possible on all games.

The only games that are impossible to beat on your first file before you beat the final boss are those games in which you can only acquire certain items after you beat the final boss. It's usually annoying when games are like this though, as you won't really have anything to do with the new item because you have completed the entire plot.

I'm assuming that you mean is it possible for someone to 100% complete this game before they defeat Majora, and not just on their first save file. Assuming this, it isn't impossible, as you don't need to have beat Majora to acquire anything as far as I'm aware. Sure, it takes a lot of skill and time, especially since a lot of players won't know when they need to brack track to certain areas after certain points in the game to collect items. The odds of this happening are extemely low, as I said above, it would take a lot of skill. But yeah, it's not impossible. However, correct me if I'm wrong with what I'm assuming. If you just meant on their first playthrough, without a guide, then yes, it's possible on all games.

The only games that are impossible to beat on your first file before you beat the final boss are those games in which you can only acquire certain items after you beat the final boss. It's usually annoying when games are like this though, as you won't really have anything to do with the new item because you have completed the entire plot.

No, I mean someone who has never heard of Zelda go and buy this game, play it for their first time EVER, and complete it 100% by just the vague-in game clues and what the NPC's say. Impossible?

Kybyrian

No, I mean someone who has never heard of Zelda go and buy this game, play it for their first time EVER, and complete it 100% by just the vague-in game clues and what the NPC's say. Impossible?

It would certainly be very difficult. Just think, somebody had to make the 100% walkthroughs, didn't they? They may have played it multiple times before making it, but I'm sure if they tried hard enough and played for long enough on their first playthrough then they could complete the game 100% on their very first playthrough. I don't believe I could. I usually need a guide for any type of 100% completion playthrough. It can be tedious and difficult. I don't doubt that it's possible for somebody to do it, just that it would be nearly impossible.

Dabombster

Do the thing
Site Staff
It is most certainly possible. Perhaps the question here should be is it improbable. My first playthrough of MM I didn't have 100% before I confronted Majora on the moon, but it is the file I was 1 Piece of Heart away from completing 100% -I do know where it is, my expansion pack just kind of disappeared from my N64- so if we're counting that as my first playthrough, then it is definitely something that can be achieved. Completing 100% without any help is a different matter though. There's just so much to do in Majora's Mask that it makes it difficult to know what you've done, or what to even try doing. I've heard people say getting all the fairies in the dungeons is hard, but if they had trouble with that I'd hate to be in their shoes finding everything else.

Diablo

King of Redeads
It is possible but be prepared for a long quest, because you'll have to check everything in the game and it's gonna take a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom