• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is it bad I suck at 100 percenting zelda games?

I recently learned during my replay of Twilight princess that I am fairly good at zelda games in terms off the main game,
but when in comes to 100 percent of games in zelda I require a guide every game. I find it REALLY hard to find everything on my own. Is this a bad thing? Or am I not the only one?

Sorry for the misspelt title. It should say "precenting" instead of "preventing." How embarrassing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
You should be embarrassed for that. However, I don't think it's uncommon for people to need assistance in games like Zelda in terms of collecting certain items and so on. I know I've needed some help every now and then with certain side-quests in the past.

Reactions: Dio
Thank you Turo. About how often do you get stuck on that one nagging heart price and need a guide? I'm just curious.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Depends on the game. But heart pieces are something I've needed help with before. It's usually the more trickier things I use a guide for but other than that, I'm pretty well off for the most part. Though, I only resort to guides if I'm really at a loss of what to do after trying everything I could or want to save time on stupid quests like collecting skulltulas just so I can keep track of the ones I've already found.

Depends on the game. But heart pieces are something I've needed help with before. It's usually the more trickier things I use a guide for but other than that, I'm pretty well off for the most part. Though, I only resort to guides if I'm really at a loss of what to do after trying everything I could or want to save time on stupid quests like collecting skulltulas just so I can keep track of the ones I've already found.
Thanks. I agree with you, I usually need help for two-three annoying ones in a really hard game puzzle wise like the oracle games.

Im a massive Zelda fan but i've only ever 100% completed Majora's Mask and Skyward Sword (SS only because it was stupid easy and had way less to find than any other Zelda game ever).

I get close to 100%ing them. I'm only two pieces of heart away from it on WW, 1 away on OoT and about 4 on TP (and i still need to get the final quiver upgrade)

2d games ive got no hope in hell of 100%ing outside of ALBW, i also got close to it on AlttP.

My problem is i cant remember where I've been, where I found all those heart pieces etc. So I wouldnt say it was bad that you cant 100% most of them. There are a lot of factors that could stop you from doing such.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
It is bad that you cant do it on your own. You should hang your head in shame.

I have personally never tried to 100% a Zelda game. I'm just in it for the story so collecting every heart piece seems like a waste of time.

The closest to 100% in any Zelda game I have got is collecting everything but a single heart piece. I still haven't found it.

thank you spirit. I agree. Skyward swords heart pieces I would often find in areas that all you had to do was drop down onto something, or climb a few steps. That game is pretty easy to find secrets, and so is ALBW and Twighlight princess. I have ever played Wind Waker, but I have a copy of it and I'll start soon.

I don't think it's bad at all. It takes away most of the fun in games if 100 %-ing a game becomes a "must do." It's a fantastic personal must-do, but I feel you on that one. I'm pretty sucky at 100%-ing Zelda games. It's just nice to have fun and play a game, and not to stress yourself to the point where the game is no longer fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom