• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is It a Three Console Race Any More?

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Explain how that would be the scenario for the majority of 3rd party developers. EA seems to be the only company really jumping on board with the whole DRM thing.

Who's it easier to create for and market to? Microsoft. Greed and laziness will play here. If they want to develop for MS, they need DRM. And it's too much of a pain to remove it for the PS4 version, so the PS4 gets it as well. And, again, not only does Nintendo have its usual 3rd party issues, but not that MS (which has a much higher standing in 3rd party) requires DRM, it would be much harder to develop for Nintendo, which doesn't allow DRM. The reason Sony is allowing it is because they know a lot of greedy developers will jump on board for this and others just want to market to MS...and if they market to MS, they're required to use DRM, which means Sony has to accept it if nothing else.

Is this a guaranteed thing? No. Do I have a strong belief this is exactly what will happen? Not a strong one, no. But it's a possibility.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
In my eyes, it doesn't matter to me. As long as I'm getting new Nintendo games to play, I'm good. I've never owned a Microsoft console or a Sony console/handheld, and I'm not sure I ever will. Nintendo's a winner to me <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom