• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is is Bad or No?

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
If you go up to someone and ask "do you think having sex with a child is bad", you'll most likely get a nasty response, they'll likely say it is. However, is it? Is sex with a child really bad? Just because something isn't accepted doesn't make it bad, especially if teh child consents to it.

I by no means encourage any sort of sexual intercourse with a child, however, people have a lot of ideas into assuming something is bad just because its disagreed upon.

What are your thoughts, can we perceive it to be a bad/evil thing? We as humans can't really percieve to understand what is exactly evil.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
Every psychologist on the planet agrees that children cannot consent to sexual activities. Even if a predator successfully grooms the child and the child claims to be willing to have sex, they are psychologically incapable of understanding the gravity of the situation. There are enough scientific papers to reach the moon and back describing the detrimental physical and psychological effects on children who engage in sexual activity with an adult or adolescent. It's not just a social thing, it's a medical and scientific thing.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Sex with a child can kill them, right? Or physically harm them? If that's the case, it's bad. Otherwise, I don't care; people will quote these psychological issues and all that jazz when really sex, drugs, violence can significantly affect someone at any age.

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
Every psychologist on the planet agrees that children cannot consent to sexual activities. Even if a predator successfully grooms the child and the child claims to be willing to have sex, they are psychologically incapable of understanding the gravity of the situation. There are enough scientific papers to reach the moon and back describing the detrimental physical and psychological effects on children who engage in sexual activity with an adult or adolescent. It's not just a social thing, it's a medical and scientific thing.
What are they?

I think it comes down to belief. Because for some people sex is a special thing, however it may not really be all that special. So to say a child doesn't understand it is to assume that sex is something special, and in that case it is merely opinion based. It's like saying its wrong to play a game. They don't understand the "gravity" of playing it so would that make it wrong? Socially no, to them they're doing something fun, or something they like. Substitute that with sex. If its something they like, how is that "wrong"?

Last edited:

Batman

What are they?

I think it comes down to belief. Because for some people sex is a special thing, however it may not really be all that special. So to say a child doesn't understand it is to assume that sex is something special, and in that case it is merely opinion based.
It has nothing to do with the social morals of the meaning of sex. It has to do with the psychological and physical impacts that sex has on a child's body and mind.

This is a starter, but if I were you, I'd investigate the sources linked in this article. Wikipedia is good for getting a basic overview of the subject, but to delve more into it and weed out any editing bias, it's best to actually read the papers and sources linked or cited at the bottom of the page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_sexual_abuse#Effects

Do your own research on this topic if you are interested in it. You'll find plenty on the subject.

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
It has nothing to do with the social morals of the meaning of sex. It has to do with the psychological and physical impacts that sex has on a child's body and mind.

This is a starter, but if I were you, I'd investigate the sources linked in this article. Wikipedia is good for getting a basic overview of the subject, but to delve more into it and weed out any editing bias, it's best to actually read the papers and sources linked or cited at the bottom of the page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_sexual_abuse#Effects

Do your own research on this topic if you are interested in it. You'll find plenty on the subject.
Abuse. This coincides with rape. If it's consentual, then there is no "abuse". There is a difference here. I've known people to have sex when they were kids and it turned them into sexaholics when they became adults.

Batman

Abuse. This coincides with rape. If it's consentual, then there is no "abuse". There is a difference here. I've known people to have sex when they were kids and it turned them into sexaholics when they became adults.

But children are not psychologically capable of consenting. That's the key. A child may agree to have sex with an adult, but since the consequences of doing so are so bluntly detrimental to their mental and physical health, they are not truly able to consent since they don't understand the inevitable impacts it will have on their health.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I've known people to have sex when they were kids and it turned them into sexaholics when they became adults.
I've known people to have sex when they were teens and later they became sexaholics as adults. I've known adults who've had sex in their adult life and are still sexaholics. Sex is wrong across the board, right? Not true...but there's a catch. If Society says something is wrong then it is wrong else you are crazed. There's just no work around with this. Arguing your points will not work if society's opinion isn't in tune with yours. :/

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
But children are not psychologically capable of consenting. That's the key. A child may agree to have sex with an adult, but since the consequences of doing so are so bluntly detrimental to their mental and physical health, they are not truly able to consent since they don't understand the inevitable impacts it will have on their health.
The question is how or why do children develop these negative impacts when sex is just sex. If everyone had sex all the time, in the open and everyday, then child sex would be accepted. Its not accepted because its something that isn't common with the public. It only has impacts if the child had a negative experience I would assume. Some kids grow up having sex all the time with their cousin or sibling and grow up with no problem of it.
I've known people to have sex when they were teens and later they became sexaholics as adults. I've known adults who've had sex in their adult life and are still sexaholics. Sex is wrong across the board, right? Not true...but there's a catch. If Society says something is wrong then it is wrong else you are crazed. There's just no work around with this. Arguing your points will not work if society's opinion isn't in tune with yours. :/
I agree.

Batman

The question is how or why do children develop these negative impacts when sex is just sex. If everyone had sex all the time, in the open and everyday, then child sex would be accepted. Its not accepted because its something that isn't common with the public.
But this is an assumption on your part that is not supported by scientific investigation. The studies take care of the social bias and attempt to only study sex with children from a purely medical point of view. Even in a society where sexual activity would be commonplace in public, even if children that grew up in this society had a completely different view of sexual activity than children do in our modern society, the effects on them would still be detrimental. For one, their bodies are simply incapable of having safe sex, and two, the brain chemistry and mechanics of a child is incapable of experiencing sexual activity without incurring detrimental effects; regardless of their society's opinion on sex. I encourage you to do some research on it. Don't take my word for it, investigate the numerous studies that have taken all the stuff you're worried about into consideration.

Last edited:

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I think it's wrong. Sex with like an underage but teenage person who is in a position to give consent can be viewed differently, but if you're talking a literal child, it can be extremely damaging to them physically, emotionally and psychologically. On the whole, I think that makes it wrong, even if you take the morality aspect away from the argument entirely.

As for society placing the moral judgement on it, this is undoubtedly true as in some cultures it is commonplace for children to marry and thus enter into a sexual relationship from as young as 8, and usually with a much older man. However, it has been studied that those children still suffer because of this, regardless of your moral standpoint. Even if they understand the actual physical process of sex, it would be pretty difficult for them to enjoy it, let alone understand the emotional impact of such a big decision in order to be able to make it in any fully informed way.

Last edited:

Batman

I think it's wrong. Sex with like an underage but teenage person who is in a position to give consent can be viewed differently, but if you're talking a literal child, it can be extremely damaging to them physically, emotionally and psychologically. On the whole, I think that makes it wrong, even if you take the morality aspect away from the argument entirely.

As for society placing the moral judgement on it, this is undoubtedly true as in some cultures it is commonplace for children to marry and thus enter into a sexual relationship from as young as 8, and usually with a much older man. However, it has been studied that those children still suffer because of this, regardless of your moral standpoint. Even if they understand the actual physical process of sex, it would be pretty difficult for them to enjoy it, let alone understand the emotional impact of such a big decision in order to be able to make it in any fully informed way.
I agree with you 100%. Very well said, and I think this is the obvious position of anyone with an examined moral compass. Sex is a biological activity meant to be undertaken by humans who are sexually mature. The fact is that prepubescent children are not sexually mature. Their bodies are too small and unfit for sexual activity, and their brains are not developed enough to enjoy or understand the ramifications of a sexual relationship. In the stuff I've written above, I was arguing against sex with children from a medical point of view, and such an understanding obviously presents clear moral implications (and so there's no surprise why it's taboo in society). It's "morally" wrong to have sex with children because they are mentally and physically unable to take it. When an action that pleases one person ends with the suffering (short-term and long-term) of another, the act should be considered immoral. Let us also not forget that children don't even have sex drives in the traditional sense. When a child (who is not a psychologically independent entity) consents to doing things that they can't inherently enjoy and will cause them guaranteed unforseen physical and and mental harm...it's not truly consensual at all.

Last edited:

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
The question asks "is it bad?" From my moral standpoint, I say yes, it is wrong for an adult to have sex with a child. But that's all it is, moral code that has been implanted into our minds by society. We were molded this way by society much like everything else. Society wants us to act a certain way, wear certain clothes, and say certain things. All that is, is control, order according to whoever decided what's best for us. Take all that away, and there is no right or wrong, good and bad. Just human nature. If society doesn't deem it acceptable, then you're outnumbered. You're the bad guy and you're wrong for it. It's a hypocritical world, but whether or not it's for the best, is up to us, even if we never had a chance to begin with.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I agree with you 100%. Very well said, and I think this is the obvious position of anyone with an examined moral compass. Sex is a biological activity meant to be undertaken by humans who are sexually mature. The fact is that prepubescent children are not sexually mature. Their bodies are too small and unfit for sexual activity, and their brains are not developed enough to enjoy or understand the ramifications of a sexual relationship. In the stuff I've written above, I was arguing against sex with children from a medical point of view, and such an understanding obviously presents clear moral implications (and so there's no surprise why it's taboo in society). It's "morally" wrong to have sex with children because they are mentally and physically unable to take it. When an action that pleases one person ends with the suffering (short-term and long-term) of another, the act should be considered immoral. Let us also not forget that children don't even have sex drives in the traditional sense. When a child (who is not a psychologically independent entity) consents to doing things that they can't inherently enjoy and will cause them guaranteed unforseen physical and and mental harm...it's not truly consensual at all.
I think some of the problem may be that in this forum and this medium, quite a few people haven't quite reached a point in their lives where they have a wide enough experience of sexual relationships themselves to be able to relate it to anybody else. It is a fact that children can't enjoy sex. Obviously, as you say, the big bad society impressing views on everyone should be questioned, but this one is a no brainer in my opinion: the moral taboo on sex with children comes from fact, not just a way of controlling people. If you look at the bigger picture, this isn't just some moral standpoint that is thrown around in a theological or philosophical sense where it is really up for a debate. It has a lot to do with hard, cold, solid fact. Not like so called sins which depends on a religious view that people can agree or disagree with. Clearly the taboo built up around the fact. As I said, even if you strip the moral element from it, it is bad on a physical level for the child. Also, we have not evolved to be attracted to children, and there have been innumerable studies into what is psychologically different about people that are, and a lot of the time the person may have been abused themselves as a child, or had some other emotionally scarring occurrences early in life. For example, some people with the Peter Pan complex to an extreme level, are attracted to children because in their head's they are children themselves, and while it may be an innocent whim in the sense that it isn't malicious or the fact it is a taboo that turns them onto it, an adult body will have reactions to sexual arousal and if acted on it is extremely dangerous for the child. Which is why sometimes this pattern repeats.

How can a child truly "consent?" One their frontal lobe is not fully developed.

(2) how do you decide if it is or isn't coerced? From the time children are young they are taught to respect adults, believe that the adult is looking out for their well being, ect. Any adult asking a child, even without any real pressure, is now putting pressure on that child to make a decision. Say no, risk the adult getting mad or punishing them. Say Yes, even if they don't think its a good idea, to avoid the risk of punishment for disobeying, or denying a request of an adult.

It's wrong on so many levels - morally, ethically, scientifically, ect.

Prior to Puberty, and the process of the hips widening, its actually quite dangerous for girls to participate in sexual activity. Reasoning Here

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom