• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is Great Scenery Important to You?

I think the zelda series has done the scenery very well, and i feel like most zelda games are games i can rest my eyes on,
I'd like to point out that i haven't really liked the scenery of SS yet, the backround mountains were only 2D sprites in E3 2010 which
kind of dissapionted me (hoping that this has changed since then)

Just watched the gdc trailer again and noticed that there actually were polygonal mountains :D

What's your thoughts on this?

i love the scenery in the zelda games.... but to me the story and action is way more imporant.... im not saying its not important just that it isnt as important

It's definately important to me. I love to explore lush and vast worlds in video games, and this is something I feel the Zelda series has never failed to deliver upon, even when the overworld was just a vast sea in the Wind Waker.

EXACTLY!! can't wait to see OOT's scenery in 3D!

Yes i love great looking scenery and its important for sure.
Zelda games have always had real good scenery starting with LttP, then OoT, MM,ten WW.
I think those games scenery was breathtaking.
They for me have the best looking scenery of all the Zelda games.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wind waker's scenery was just amazing.
Places like dragon roost island and Windfall where spectacular.
But i felt being on the King of red lions sailing the sea was the best scenery.
OoT's scenery was also great.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hyrule field was stunning and so big,loads of trees and holes to fall into.
A nice stream which comes from the Zora river.
The mountains looked great and so imposing.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Death mountain never looked better.
Lake Hylia was beautiful when the sun shines on it,the lake just radiates with beauty, so tranquil.
Also the desert Colossis when you get far enough that the poe no longer helps you.
Yes its only a desert, but with the sun shining it makes that whole area around the Spirit temple just awe inspiring.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I can just wonder around the environments in Zelda games and just admire each area.
No matter how many times i play it im always amazed who good the scenery looks.
This is something the Zelda series always delivers on.
And Nintedo puts lots of work into when making these games.

Ariel

Think for yourself.
Yes. In an adventure game, I think it goes without saying. Especially one so story driven.

Portal doesn't need scenery, it's pure gameplay.

Zelda, as an adventure game needs varied environments to explore. The Gorons, Zoras and other races aren't going to hang out in a basement, they need some of their own flavoured scenery.

And I know this is shallow, but, it's also a reason I love Twilight Princess so much. It's breathtakingly, immensely, gratifyingly, gorgeous.

This might be just me, but I think good, detailed, and lively scenery makes back-tracking A LOT easier and less tedious versus bad, bland, and/or dead scenery. It could also be a factor in the replayability aspect of the game, just like I feel about changeable tunics (though changeable tunics may add to replayability just a little; it's SOMETHING, nonetheless).

Deku-Jack

The Garo Master
I think the zelda series has done the scenery very well, and i feel like most zelda games are games i can rest my eyes on,
I'd like to point out that i haven't really liked the scenery of SS yet, the backround mountains were only 2D sprites in E3 2010 which
kind of dissapionted me (hoping that this has changed since then)

Just watched the gdc trailer again and noticed that there actually were polygonal mountains :D

What's your thoughts on this?

They were like that so you could feel like you were in a living painting. If you looked at the mountains, they really did look like true, beautiful paintings, and actually improved the scenery in my opinion.

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
First time I saw early Skyward Sword stuff, my thoughts were: "Looks a bit like the original, never released Zelda 64". I was a really disappointed. Even Wind Waker convinced me more at the first time. The GDC Trailer looks much better now. But I hope Nintendo has changed a lot in the final game. The scenery is very important to me.

S

Sheik

Like previous posters have said, scenery is very important in this game. I don't know if I like the scenery in SS too much... I mean it's lovely, but a little... too whimsical... (Not saying I want anything like TP, though... *shudders*)
When it comes to the Zelda games, scenery is just as important as music. XD

H

Hylian Wolf

SCENERY IS EXTREAMLY IMPORTANT TO ME.
Mostly because Oot was the first game I was introduced to (it has beautiful scenery for it's time)and I base many Zelda games off of that but I keep an open mind. ^^
But yes I will expect nothing but the best from Zelda scenery, I expect it to be breathtaking as usual. :nod: And don't even get me started on TP scenery that was far past breathtaking...it was just...oh so beautiful!!! Thats what I would imagine Oot graphics would be like in this day and age...
HOWEVER so far from what i'm seeing from Skyward Sword...I AM NOT, NOT liking that scenery AT ALL. I REALLY hope that what i've seen isin't done yet....:(

They were like that so you could feel like you were in a living painting. If you looked at the mountains, they really did look like true, beautiful paintings, and actually improved the scenery in my opinion.
I agree about it beeing like paintings, but I think it's lazy that the mountains are sprites in the E3 stage and it just looks a little cheap :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom