• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Is Great Bay Temple Really Confusing or Rather Simple?

Is the Great Bay Temple confusing or simple?

• Confusing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Simple

• I have no strong feelings one way or the other

• Total voters

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Well, I had a guidebook when I first played through -- I was rather inexperienced, myself -- and I've remembered nearly everything about it in subsequent playthroughs, so I don't know if I'm in a proper position to make any kind of judgement, here, but I can certainly try.

Looking at the dungeon's design, I think I can accurately say it's neither confusing nor simple. It takes a neat approach in its conveyance as to where you're supposed to go with its water pipes, but it never outright tells you anything; you're left to decipher it on your own. I'm certain this can be tricky at first, especially for inexperienced players, but once you figure it out, it should be a pretty smooth ride. Not an easy one, but a smooth one, i.e. one that provides stimulating challenges that aren't overwhelming -- like any good Zelda dungeon should.

I think it's one of the better water levels I've played through in a video game. Not quite perfect, but still really, really good.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
It's not that bad. The only real problem could be getting lost in all those tunnels. Other than that, it's really not confusing. The puzzles with the ice arrows are pretty easy, and the switches aren't very hard to figure out. Once you have that down, it's not very hard. I mean it's harder than some other dungeons, but I was surprised to hear it called an unusually hard dungeon. I mean the puzzles consist of melting ice, swimming, and channeling electricity down clearly marked tubes. That's not impossible.

If you think Great Bay is hard, I can only imagine what you think of the Water Temple.

balloonofwar4

The Mystical Man-Fairy
Great Bay, in my opinion, far outclasses the Water Temple in terms of difficulty. This should be the temple that everyone hates. But, I have to admit, it is very straightforward if you pay attention to your surroundings. I am actually fighting Gyorg right now, and he is still difficult for me to beat without two fairies. The reason this temple is hard is because of (very few) poor design choices and the rushed tension the game presents. I think everyone became confused by this dungeon their first playthrough.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Urrr, I don't remember having any particular trouble with it. I pretty much just MLG'd it. So, I have no strong feelings towards either. It was a while since I last played it of course but I remember it in fact being one of my favourite temples and not particularly simple or confusing. Boring answer but there we are.

jack546

The chosen one
I thought the great bay temple was the easiest water temple. It did not have the confusing water levels of the water temple or the backtracking of the lakebed temple.

Fig

The Altruist
I always thought that the Great Bay Temple was quite simple when I first played Majora's Mask. I'm not saying that is was a very simple dungeon to complete, but I do have to admit that there were slight moments in the dungeon where I felt lost, but that's mainly because I didn't have my map and/or compass at the time. Even then, I decided to replay Majora's Mask again to see if the dungeon was really confusing and it was at some points. In conclusion, as long as you know where do you have to go and what do you have to do, you will do fine at the Great Bay dungeon from Majora's Mask. :D

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
Weirdly, I used to find it so easy. Maybe because I found the Water Temple in OoT ridiculously hard, the Great Bay Temple was like a breath of fresh air for me and I completed it really easily and quickly. But then, a few years later, I played again and realised how much more complex it is. But then, I may have started to overthink it? Anyway, I voted no strong feelings, because that entire temple seems to depend on the mindset I'm playing with, as every playthrough of it for me has had hugely varying levels of success.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
It was confusing to me. Like most people said though, it was because of the pipes. I spent half of my time in that dungeon going to the wrong pipe and having to make my way back to the central room. The puzzles weren't confusing at all it was just the pipes that threw me off. It's kind of hard to figure out which way you have to go. It's harder than Woodfall and Snowhead, but I don't find it as hard and confusing as Stone Tower.

I feel like both N64 Zelda water themed dungeons' difficulty is extremely overrated. I don't think they are hard. They are just time consuming. You can go through the Water Temple and Great Bay easily if you know what you're doing. If you don't though, you just have to figure it out.

Salem

SICK
I feel like both N64 Zelda water themed dungeons' difficulty is extremely overrated. I don't think they are hard. They are just time consuming. You can go through the Water Temple and Great Bay easily if you know what you're doing. If you don't though, you just have to figure it out.
That's the thing, if you don't know what you're doing, it's gonna be hard, entering these dungeons for the first time, it's likely you won't know what's going on and take a while to figure it out.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
That's the thing, if you don't know what you're doing, it's gonna be hard, entering these dungeons for the first time, it's likely you won't know what's going on and take a while to figure it out.

I don't really think entering a dungeon and not knowing what to do is hard, because it's supposed to be that way. Figuring out puzzles could be hard, but I don't think figuring out direction is. It's more like you enter a room and you go like "I shouldn't be here right now. Time to back track and try another room". Like I said, it feels more time consuming than hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom