• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is Goldeneye Wii Good or is N64 Better?

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
I own an N64 and a Wii and I recently played the 64 version at a friend's house and thought it was awesome. I was thinking about getting it, but I kind of want the Wii version. It obviously has better graphics and also has the online, but I'm a little skeptical about the controls. The N64 version doesn't have the online, but it would be cheaper (hopefully) and it's the "original". Any suggestions on which one I should get?

Zorato

"Frocobo says die!"
The controls for the wii are AWFUL! The game all around is not nearly as fun or as much as an impact. The n64 one is a classic and the wii one is a failed revival.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I was wondering the same thing. Is the Wii GoldenEye any good? It's too hard to try to enjoy the original one. It's too outdated. Yeah it was the best FPS of it's time but that's it. Of it's time. FPS has been through many changes over the years so it's hard to go back. Duke Nukem was killed by James Bond and James Bond was killed by Master Chief.

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
N64. I played the N64 one when I was little (I watched my brother) and it is sick. I still have it, actually. I've played the Wii version once at a friend's, and I hated it. And yes, the controls are awful.

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
I don't agree about the controls. I almost through with the game and I LOVE IT. You can always adjust the control settings in the OPTIONS menu. At first I had trouble, but once I adjusted the sensitivities and all that, I love playing with the Wii Remote/Numchuck combo.

I would say get Goldeneye WII. It's awesome! :D

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
I don't agree about the controls. I almost through with the game and I LOVE IT. You can always adjust the control settings in the OPTIONS menu. At first I had trouble, but once I adjusted the sensitivities and all that, I love playing with the Wii Remote/Numchuck combo.

I would say get Goldeneye WII. It's awesome! :D
That's what I'm leaning towards, but do you need the Wii Zapper?

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
You don't need it and I don't even have one. I would like to play the game with it, I heard it's fun. You can also play with a classic or gamecube controller. Though I find the wii remote/numchuck to be satisfying enough. I did buy a pistol to go with the game, but I don't like using it. Access to the A button sucks. So I mostly just go without it.

Another thing about the game is it's a lot more difficult. It's a lot involved, the enemies actually have brains :P, and more stealth is required. You can't just go guns blazing like you could in the N64 version. But I find that's part of the fun of it :D.

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
You don't need it and I don't even have one. I would like to play the game with it, I heard it's fun. You can also play with a classic or gamecube controller. Though I find the wii remote/numchuck to be satisfying enough. I did buy a pistol to go with the game, but I don't like using it. Access to the A button sucks. So I mostly just go without it.

Another thing about the game is it's a lot more difficult. It's a lot involved, the enemies actually have brains :P, and more stealth is required. You can't just go guns blazing like you could in the N64 version. But I find that's part of the fun of it :D.
Thanks, I think I'll do the Wii Version then.

B

Bocaj910

I would say it'd be more wise to get the original. I really loved the Wii version, but it didn't have the replay value that the original had. I'd go off on a long list, but one vital pro that the Wii version lacked that the N64 one had were unlockables. It's my opinion, but I think you should go for the N64 version. It's the Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask of Bond games.

D

demin994

N64 hands down get classic ( in my opinion) compared to the original. Hope you enjoy your choice either way though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom