• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is Ganon's Tower beneath Hyrule Castle?

In the short teaser trailer for BotW2 we see Hyrule Castle beginning to rise from its foundations, which is... interesting...

We also saw the Sheikah towers rise from the earth in BotW.

Could Ganon's Tower be rising below Hyrule Castle?

Wih so much of the underground of Hyrule Castle a mystery and Ganondorf's corpse seemingly being beneath it, could it be likely that a whole structure exists beneath Hyrule Castle and that the awakening of Ganondorf could be causing a potential tower beneath Hyrule Castle to rise?

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Oot thats how he got the lava and his castle there quick mean takes 12 years to biuld that castle??

Possibly, but I don't think Ganondorf's corpse is beneath the castle. SMS made a good point in the SB a few days ago that Link and Zelda seemed to have been travelling a while, given the sheer amount of supplies they were carrying on that weird bull creature.

I was dancing with the idea for a little while that Hyrule Castle was built on top of Demise's place of death in SS, and possibly it was Demise related why the castle was rising, however that ended up being fruitless as we see the Goddess statue way off the castle in BotW.

It's possibly the ressurection and the floating castle are unrelated. Why would they be searching for Ganondorf in the first place? Perhaps the castle rising actually comes first and their searching whatever ruins have arisen is an attempt to find a cure for that problem.

Possibly, but I don't think Ganondorf's corpse is beneath the castle. SMS made a good point in the SB a few days ago that Link and Zelda seemed to have been travelling a while, given the sheer amount of supplies they were carrying on that weird bull creature.

I think you are right, in fact the trailer shows the entrance of a temple/shrine built into mountain or underground cavern or something

botw2e.jpg.

As for Hyrule Castle, maybe it's like in Ocarina of Time where Ganon transforms it into his own castle, causing it to rise up.

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
The millisecond before the shot ends, it really looks like there's something big underneath the castle, where one would think there'd just be 'space'. So that's a guess of mine. And I wonder if they'll do 'you can go to the final dungeon anytime' thing again.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I don't think his corpse is necessarily beneath Hyrule Castle. The trailer shows some kind of temple entrance in an area that does not appear to be under the castle. It is possible that this is the resting place of Ganondorfs Mummified remains rather than the Castle itself.

In the concept art for Breath of The Wild. It shows a Twilight Princess designed Ganondorf atop a floating Death mountain. I imagine this idea was scrapped for Calamity Ganon but it is being reused for BoTW 2. It appears instead he will now take over a floating Hyrule Castle but I think this event could be separate to the actual awakening of Mummydorf which may occur sometime before the Castle rises.

The castle lifting to the sky should be an indication that something big is located under it. Or that the Goddesses are sending it back to the sky for protection. We never did see a sky temple in BotW either.

What if it's accessed by the forgotten temple? For a forgotten place there sure were a lot of Guardians there. Could there be something there that leads back to the castle? Or to something else that required protection like Ganondorf's body.

Alternatively didn't SS establish the proximity of Demise's defeat to the Temple of Time? So the walls around the Great Plateau could/should be an older Hyrule Castle that was built atop his resting place. Perhaps buried in the flood mentioned by the Rock Salt. They could have excavated there and unlocked something too.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
SMS made a good point in the SB a few days ago that Link and Zelda seemed to have been travelling a while, given the sheer amount of supplies they were carrying on that weird bull creature.
This was a month ago, but I still stand by it. I don't think they are anywhere near castle based on how they are packed. They look like they've been on a pretty long journey. I do think they are still in Hyrule, though. I'm not quite sure why Hyrule Castle is rising in the trailer. There was only one time Ganondorf ever did anything with the area, and that was in Ocarina of Time. He built his own castle in place of Hyrule Castle, but he toppled it himself in rage. There's a lot of speculation we can make. Perhaps an entire dungeon is rising from beneath the castle, and this is indicating that dungeins will make a return in the sequel?

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
This was a month ago, but I still stand by it. I don't think they are anywhere near castle based on how they are packed. They look like they've been on a pretty long journey. I do think they are still in Hyrule, though. I'm not quite sure why Hyrule Castle is rising in the trailer. There was only one time Ganondorf ever did anything with the area, and that was in Ocarina of Time. He built his own castle in place of Hyrule Castle, but he toppled it himself in rage. There's a lot of speculation we can make. Perhaps an entire dungeon is rising from beneath the castle, and this is indicating that dungeins will make a return in the sequel?
Maybe Ganon wants a skyscraper view....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom