• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is Ganondorf the hero?

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Screenshot_2021-05-07-17-51-26.png

I think I see what he's saying, that the hero was corrupted by Calamity Ganon and became Ganondorf. Something along the lines of the Malice stuff from SS. Thoughts?

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
Whoa, now this is an interesting theory, and it could make sense given the dude in the BOTW 2 trailer looking kind of like him... Could be a really cool concept, especially if part of the plot is centered on Link, the current hero, getting corrupted too.

Ganondorf is not the hero in the backstory. People keep saying that because of his hair appearing red, but you shouldn't expect an ancient tapestry to have photorealistic depiction. By that logic, the Master Sword was 100% blue and Ganondorf's hand is yellow.

According to the games and lorebooks, Ganondorf, Ganon and Calamity Ganon are all one in the same. CaC even says that Ganondorf became Ganon, and Ganon eventually became Calamity Ganon after repeated revivals. What we're seeing here is Ganon using his malice to let his spirit run rampant outside of his sealed body. He tried to create a body that had suspicious Gerudo-esque skull and hair, but it wasn't really viable, which might have to do with him being mindless.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
He's arguably the hero in Ocarina of Time (at least before he tears down Castle Town). His people are dying in the desert, so he petitions for aid from Hyrule. The aid is refused, so he takes it by force.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
He's arguably the hero in Ocarina of Time (at least before he tears down Castle Town). His people are dying in the desert, so he petitions for aid from Hyrule. The aid is refused, so he takes it by force.
That's an awfully charitable take for someone who was plotting betrayal from the beginning and tortured other indigenous nations as an attempt to gain leverage

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
That's an awfully charitable take for someone who was plotting betrayal from the beginning and tortured other indigenous nations as an attempt to gain leverage

Did he do any of that? I don't recall him mentioning the torture of other nations.

Ganon isn't a perfect hero the same way Link isn't the perfect hero. Ganon's tactics are devious and Link's actions only ever doom future civilizations to (maybe) suffer at Ganon's hands. Both suck as heroes.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
Did he do any of that? I don't recall him mentioning the torture of other nations.
His treatment of the gorons

Calling ganon a hero is such edgy bullcrap lol
He didnt even have good motivations, he was raised by the twinrova and attacked hyrule out of pure jealousy.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
His treatment of the gorons

Calling ganon a hero is such edgy bullcrap lol
He didnt even have good motivations, he was raised by the twinrova and attacked hyrule out of pure jealousy.

The Gorons of OoT were too stupid to live anyway. They would have decided to starve to death the moment something closed up their cave. Unfortunately, much of Ganon's true motivation is lost on us because Nintendo can't write characters Ganon never a well developed villain.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Not to mention that even after gaining power, he planned to feed the Gorons to Volvagia, froze Zora's Domain, and even left his people in the desert.
He may have had somewhat good intentions for his people in the beginning, but the Triforce of Power caused him to form a god-complex, and he no longer cared about his own people for the 7 years that he was the Evil King. Regardless, as Mikey said, before he invaded the Sacred Realm he was trying to make an alliance with the King of Hyrule, meanwhile terrorizing the guardians of the spiritual stones to pressure them into giving them to him, and plotting to kill the King anyway.

Regardless, as Mikey said, before he invaded the Sacred Realm he was trying to make an alliance with the King of Hyrule, meanwhile terrorizing the guardians of the spiritual stones to pressure them into giving them to him, and plotting to kill the King anyway.

That's what made me feel as if his TWW sob story had nothing to do with his original plans, and that he was just giving that speech to make Link lower his guard(which worked). He was plotting to do evil s**t since the beginning, such as killing the king. He even tells Link before getting the ToP that he plans to rule the world.

So, was it the ToP that corrupted him? No, it just gave him the means to accomplish his goal, which is and probably always has been, to rule the world.

Did some demon named Ganon corrupt him? No, because Ganondorf and Ganon are one in the same person, with Ganon merely being a nickname for Ganondorf in universe as mentioned in ALttP and HH among other sources, with his pig demon form being to Vaati's Wind Demon form what his human Gerudo form is to Vaati's human Minish form.

It was him. HIS desires. HIS plans.

Just like in real life, some people are born monsters. To say that Ganondorf was some nice guy that got corrupted is not only nonsensical with what we know about the games and lore, but makes his presence in games like OoT pointless if he's somesort of pawn, not to mention that there is no evidence of such a thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom