• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is Four Swords Worth the Purchase?

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Okay, I've completed the majority of the main line of games. I've beaten LoZ, AoL, ALttP, LADX, OoT, MM, OoX, WW, FSA, MC, TP, PH, and I will likely complete ST before the end of the week.

The only well-known game in the series I've never played is Four Swords. I've played Four Swords Adventures, and thought it was an okay game, though it felt a bit too linear.

The reason I've never played it, is because I already own A Link to the Past on my SNES, have access to the VC version if I want it, and I prefer playing on the television to playing on the GBA anyway. Thus, the GBA cartridge seemed like a bad deal.

What I found out recently, however, is that the ALttP remake is the only way I can get a copy of Four Swords.

So, is it worth a purchase? Chances are that I'll have to buy two copies, and give one to my mother... she'll play it with me off and on so that I have a chance of beating it eventually. I already have a Game Boy Player for my Gamecube, along with a GBA, and am planning to use those in order to link the games for play.

Majora's Cat

How about that
I have two answers - you can choose whichever you prefer.

1) Well, Four Swords is actually a pretty decent game. I would say it's not bad, considering it supports multiplayer. Four Swords has also received very favorable reviews from critics. When bundled with A Link to the Past, Four Swords received a whopping 91.70% on GameRankings for GBA. This is one of the highest GBA scores ever... and take this into consideration: ALttP/Four Swords got a higher aggregate review score than Halo: Reach! You don't have to take the critics' word for it, but I'd say it's a neat package. FS is quite similar to ALttP in terms of graphics and gameplay, but it has been mentioned that the game isn't very long. Anyway, I consider it a must-buy and a worthy addition to the Zelda franchise!

2) This reason is a bit simpler. It's a Zelda game, so why shouldn't you buy it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom