• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is Fire Emblem Switch In Danger of Having Sales Cannibalized by Smash Switch?

Are oranges in danger of having sales cannibalized by apples?

Even though Fire Emblem and Smash Bros. are two completely different genres, I do worry about Fire Emblem as Smash helped get many people into Fire Emblem. But, I'll admit that's mostly fans of the classic games in the West. This newer wave of Fire Emblem fans who got in through Awakening and Fates may not be as influenced by Smash Bros. and see it as a competing interest. After reading the replies in here, I certainly do hope Fire Emblem makes a financial comeback on consoles, but given that it performed poorly on the Wii, with Radiant Dawn releasing so close to Super Mario Galaxy then, there is some cause for worry.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
Even though Fire Emblem and Smash Bros. are two completely different genres, I do worry about Fire Emblem as Smash helped get many people into Fire Emblem. But, I'll admit that's mostly fans of the classic games in the West. This newer wave of Fire Emblem fans who got in through Awakening and Fates may not be as influenced by Smash Bros. and see it as a competing interest. After reading the replies in here, I certainly do hope Fire Emblem makes a financial comeback on consoles, but given that it performed poorly on the Wii, with Radiant Dawn releasing so close to Super Mario Galaxy then, there is some cause for worry.
A bit off topic, but: Radiant Dawn is the only Fire Emblem game I own, I could never really get into it tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom