• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is Fi the New Navi?

Is Fi annoying?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

DeusEx404

I honestly think that Navi is still the more annoying "handiguide" of the Zelda games. I can see why Fi can be a nuisance, but I think she's still a little better than Navi. The only time Fi is ever really annoying is when she pops out to explain and give you a description of the new terrain you're on. You don't really hear her wanting to give you any info that often. Navi did it constantly and all she really did was give a bland and obvious explanation on where to go next. One thing I can't stand though about Fi is when your batteries are low and she keeps signaling you so she can tell you your batteries are low...because the red, almost empty battery bar that appears in the corner of the screen wasn't obvious enough.

F

fiercedietylink

fi is annoying with her stupid autotune voice (wich is prob hatsune miku) and little percentages telling you how likely something will happen. not to mention its really just 0% or 100% all the time

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
No. Fi is actually enjoyable. It's nice that she'll notify you on the power remaining in your batteries, though the heart remarks can be quite superfluous. But once again I view this as Nintendo trying to be courteous to new players. They're once more moving on to an innovative system which this time requires the player to focus on the gameplay more than the status of their life. This might vex older Zelda veterans, as they have become quite skilled in the series' formula, but this time around Nintendo felt it more essential to help lesser-skilled fans out. Giving Fi the seemly role of a simple robotic instructor would help them attain a better perspective on the game, which essentially would expedite their proficiency in situational awareness.

What does this have to do with Navi, though? Well, she was basically an assistant of almost the same nature. Ocarina of Time had moved into a new field, same as Skyward Sword, only this time it Zelda was moving toward new visuals. It was a jump from a 2D atmosphere to 3D, which the player equally might've needed aid in adjusting to. So Navi was drafted to play the role as guide for them, mostly through the use of her "calls." Whether this annoyed the players or not Nintendo did this to help them get into it, and I believe that's more a sense of politeness than anything else.

Fi utilizes notifications the same way that Navi has ringing. In this sense the two are indubitably similar, but crucial, as they allow fans to get used to the settings at a much quicker pace. I won't deny Fi "is" in a manner of speaking Navi, or better put like that gregarious fairy. But to me their purpose--assisting new players--comes before all else, and from that I do not become irritated with them...unless right in he middle of a fight. Instead I take their advice with tolerance and employ it as I move through whichever game.

YES...I think she is more annoying than navi.

Navi isnt that annoying in the 3DS version of OOT.

I find Fi mora annoying than Navi. Every time the batteries are low in your Wii mote or your hearts are low, an annoying noise comes from your wii mote. she also just interupts the game at random times

C

Caleb, Of Asui

Are you seriously trying to say that Fi is annoying? :dry:

No, not at all. And neither was Navi, so in a way Fi was the new Navi. When playing the game, actually, I felt more like she was the new Midna. They obviously took after Midna for the concept of how her voice is done. And in all honesty I really loved the way it sounded. It actually seemed to remind me of Portal for some reason. I'm not crazy, though -- my brother said the same thing when he walked in on me playing Skyward Sword. The way it sounds is somewhat reminiscent of GLaDOS, although her intent and personality is clearly entirely different.

Speaking of Fi's personality, though, that's one of the things I liked best about her. She was more or less robotic, yes, but there was a sort of flair in that she was so robotic, especially given the context. She is a servant of the goddess, the spirit of the sword, yet she speaks like she was sent from Aperture Science. Again, she reminded me of Portal. I liked that they had her speak so much in percents. After you meet the first Kikwi, "There is a 5% chance that this thing is Zelda." xD

In terms of gameplay, she was actually quite useful. I called upon her for hints at various times, but she never completely gave anything away, which is good. I also love that she says "the batteries on your Wii remote are nearly depleted." Nice little fourth-wall breaking, and somehow it seems funny to me that she uses the word "depleted."

I personally never really had a problem with Navi... most of the time (not all of the time) her advice was helpful and she was relatively easy to ignore if you didn't need the extra help, only giving an occasional "Hey!" I felt more of a commrodery of sorts with her, especially in the end when Ganondorf causes her to lose her Z-targeting powers... it makes you realize how much you relied on her and gave her a sense of importance.

Fi... Fi would beep obnoxiously if you ignored her. I didn't know what was worse, having to sit through her pointless, unhelpful information or have her tell me every ten minutes that my health is low when I'm already hearing the beeping hearts and Link is literally blinking red.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Fi's character design; I thought she was beautiful and I think I'm in the minority when I say that I really liked her auto-tuned voice... it really added to the idea that she was more mechanical than human, even though she looked human. However, I do feel like there could have been more of a specific interaction between her and Link like there was with Link and Zelda. *SPOILER* At the end, I couldn't quite feel sad when Fi was sealed in the sword because other than toss out random information and give interpretive dance performances, she seemed to just have been there to point out the obvious.

But that's just me! ^^

S

SaveTheQueen

Fi made me pray for a mute button x.x That damn beeping every time you're low on life..talk about redundant >.> One annoying sound is more than enough thanks...

Though, in all honesty the only helper that didn't annoy the hell out of me was Midna. She had probably the most important character role in Tp... and she could turn you into a wolf...which was quite awsome...

i guess the makers of zelda had to make some way of easy access to what to do next in the game and all the warnings so they created fi.

S

SaruKame2

Hm. I personally don't find Fi, Midna, or Navi to be annoying.

Neither Navi nor Fi are annoying to me. I love them both despite them pointing out the obvious and despite the fact that Fi speaks like like a robot analyzing everything and telling you the facts that you already know in percentages. In my opinion, In Zelda games (at least from Oot and onward) you have to have companions, and I am happy to have navi and Fi along with me on the adventures.

I dont think she is annoying at all, i mean, yes she beeps every time you hearts are low, but just dont press the button and she doesnt pop up! Really simple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom