• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is Demon Lord Ghirahim More Intimidating

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
I gotta admit HappyMaskSlsman makes a lot of good points (especially the Kefka part, that'd be RAW). Now, to add another FF reference to that, I would see it happening that he took on some all-powerful form (he's a "Demon Lord" after all") a-la Zeromus. I see it being possible, taking into account how he puts on that "sh*t just got real" behaviour and dead-threatens Link at the end of the footage.

And to wether he's intimidating or not: I think he's more intimidating than Ganondorf. I mean, Ganondorf was merciful, and the apparent void of his childhood he tried to fill by bringing Hyrule back to surface and make it his land in Wind Waker gave him a human side (or maybe that's just what I make of it). Ghirahim, on the other side, just looks much more vicious and cold.

Take that as my opinion, if you will.

Kirino

Tatakae
Standing by my "Kefka" approach to him, I'd say that in the demo he is still in his "early Kefka" phase. He shows potential for great power, though, at present, only comes across as an almost comical nut.

Ghirahim does not come across as invincible, and is quite tangible.

Really? When he was fighting Link he didn't even break a sweat. He obviously had incredible power. He looked like he was only using a tiny fraction of it. He was unarmed in the first half, and he blocked Link's sword with only two fingers. And he only stopped fighting because he wasted too much time toying with Link, and he had to find Zelda. Also, I noticed that Link seems to have something personal against him. In the E3 trailer Link lased out at him with his sword, an when you first met him in the Sky Temple, Link didn't seem to like him. With other characters like Ganondorf it was like it was just part of the job. I think Link doesn't like him because he took Zelda. Also I think link has a special bond with Zelda. With games like OOT and TP it wasn't like that at all.

the scariest villain I've seen is majora. Its not just his power, its that you see him enjoy the pain in others much more then any other villain. Think about it: the only reason why he wants to destroy the town, put curses on everything, and make people in pain, is just for the fun of it. Not for power, not for any other gain except for a few seconds of laughter of the pain of others. And to know that the game is called majoras mask, as in it was made by someone named majora, means it was probably only a little bit of his power... Who is majora anyway? where did he come from? why did he make a mask for such hexing rituals? Its mysterious, and gives you the feeling like you don't even KNOW what your up against when you first play it... The most violent, most terrifying, most mysterious villain. This guy isn't even half that, hey, he's not even half Zant. (who is pretty scary too until the last part)

Oh yes, very intimidating. I can't wait to see what else he does in the game. He has an extremely large ego, is calm and collected, AND has superb fighting abilities (as shown when he was "teasing and toying" with Link).

He seems psychopath-esque like Kefka Palazzo from the Final Fantasy series (FF6). On that note, seeing as how he's confirmed to NOT be the main villain and only one of probably MANY other "demons" kinda makes you wonder how intimidating the true, final boss of the game is. *shivers*

EDIT: I believe he's second only to Majora, and Ganondorf's in third. :/

Musicfan

the shadow mage
can you elaborate a little on why you think he is cockybe couse i think that makes him more intimidated be couse he seams to have the power to back up his ego

Where was that confirmed ?

Yeah, he's at least one of at least a few others; could be second to last or something along those lines. His name implies otherwise though (kinda), when you think on it a bit (DEMON LORD Ghirahim). Hmm... Might have to do a little more research. His dialogue with Link during their battle appears to suggest there are more of his kind, one of which could be the main villain.

Kirino

Tatakae
Yeah, he's at least one of at least a few others; could be second to last or something along those lines. His name implies otherwise though (kinda), when you think on it a bit (DEMON LORD Ghirahim). Hmm... Might have to do a little more research. His dialogue with Link during their battle appears to suggest there are more of his kind, one of which could be the main villain.

Well i'm pretty sure it's been confirmed that there is more of him kind, but it's never been confirmed that he's not the main villian. I'm almost positive he is.

- You meet him mlutiple times
- He made the tornado that took away Zelda.
- He's the reason that Link went on his quest.
- When fighting Link he's barely even trying.
- His name's DEMON LORD Ghirahim.

I think that there are more of his kind, and that he's their leader and the main villian. And even if he's not their leader he could still be the main villian. He sure is powerful, evil, and very important to the story.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Well i'm pretty sure it's been confirmed that there is more of him kind, but it's never been confirmed that he's not the main villian. I'm almost positive he is.

- You meet him mlutiple times
- He made the tornado that took away Zelda.
- He's the reason that Link went on his quest.
- When fighting Link he's barely even trying.
- His name's DEMON LORD Ghirahim.

I think that there are more of his kind, and that he's their leader and the main villian. And even if he's not their leader he could still be the main villian. He sure is powerful, evil, and very important to the story.

It could go either way. The way he talks about his group seems like they're equals, but the title "lord" is someone of high power. Then again, that may just be him pumping himself up. It's not like all of the interlopers can't be called lords. We'll see.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
maybe the interlopers had different class of magic magic that they study (the most populer being demonic as it seams to be the basis of the twilli magic) and he is the best at demonic magic granting him the title demon lord?

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer

While we don't have a completely solid statement, we have very close to near confirmation that he's not the main villain.

Eternal Nocturne first posted this video in this thread, but WATCH THIS VIDEO:
(Info you're specifically talking about is at 4:08)

[video=youtube;ckVwh80O2BM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckVwh80O2BM&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Kirino

Tatakae
Wel that's dissapointing. Well, he'll still be an important character. Though he said that he's not not the only main villian. He didn't acually say that he's not the main villian. And he also said he's not sure if that information was true.

- You meet him mlutiple times1
- He made the tornado that took away Zelda.2
- He's the reason that Link went on his quest.3
- When fighting Link he's barely even trying.4
- His name's DEMON LORD Ghirahim.5

1. Meeting and seeing him so many times in the videos is what drove many to believe he isn't the main antagonist, you know?

2. Helmaroc King in the Wind Waker kidnapped Link's sister Aryll. He was sent to do it by Ganondorf. Helmaroc King wasn't the main villain in that game.

3. In the demo, Link was NOT aware at the time that it was Lord Ghirahim who made the tornado until it was revealed to him during their duel, so not exactly.

4. He's just got a massive ego.

5. Lord of what? Flies? He might just be the lord of a certain area of Hyrule(?) or something, or he could just be extremely conceited.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom