• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Is Demise Supposed to Be This Easy?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
As, I see most people here go back to that crutch known as the Lightning strike. What a bunch of pansies. If Demise is such an easy boss as you proclaim him to be, don't do that. Fight him using pure sword skills. I'd like to see you say he's an easy boss after getting rid of such cheap tactics.

...Like that vid DarkestLink put up. I'll admit, that dude has some skills. I have no idea how he was able to get in those attacks so quickly, I could only get in one attack before he got lightning in my sword again, and I was flailing about wildly while he was charging up. Unless of course that dude was using some sort of computer emulator program or something, in which case **** that guy.

Honestly, though, when I watch these vids of people taking Demise down that quickly like that (not relying on the Lightning Strike, that is) I'm much more impressed with the player than I am disappointed with Demise. It's gotta take some serious skills to pull off what they did. I've seen them and I've tried implementing their strategies, but with no luck.

I'm a fairly decent Zelda player myself, and it took everything I had in me to fight him on fair grounds. If you're trying to prove he's an easy boss, don't rely on crutches or outside help. Fight him fair and square. Every normal person I've talked to IRL have said he's the hardest Zelda boss they've ever faced, and they're pretty adept gamers as well.

So you relegate everyone to "pansies" because they use a tactic that is meant to be used? This is a method of attack within the game and you can make any boss harder by using different method or using a minimalist technique, the fact that this was an option was a negative of Demise himself in terms of challenge it is Not the player's!

I only figured out after I defeated Demise that one could use a lightning strike and on my first time without knowing this use of attack I still found this stage rather easy....

Last edited:

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Believe it or not, I lost to Demise. I believe I did so twice and had to stock up on fully amped up potions using all my bottles. Even still, I call Demise an easy boss. Why? Zelda bosses have two things that add to their difficulty, figuring out how to beat them and actually performing the maneuvers to beat them. Demise is easy in both of these departments. Just because I, and others, didn't beat him on the first try, I cannot deny how easy he is. Many people figure out when to shield bash Demise, when to lightning strike, and they do these actions with ease. Eventually I did too. (In all honesty, the main reason I lost was because I was trying to mix it up a bit. Doing the same routine is boring to me) I'm seeing two types of defenses against this.

1. You need to have skill in order to beat Demise. You knew how to use the sword and therefore he isn't easy.

This isn't going to be true for everyone, but when you get to Demise, it is expected that you will know how to use the WM+. The entire game is a tutorial on how to use the WM+ as sword fighting. The previous bosses and enemies all had you doing timing sword and shield techniques. Now you may not be good at these and still reach Demise by some miracle. But if you suck at WM+ skills, then of course Demise is gonna be a challenge. If that's all you need to know, in order to defeat him, then it's hard to call him difficult. Obviously he's going to be hard for people who don't know that, but that's because they are now being forced into a fight that makes them use a skill the game had been trying to teach them but they for some reason didn't learn. If the first thing you did when playing SS was fight Demise, I'm sure most who beat him easily would have a difficult time too because they were unfamiliar with the controls.

2. If it's so easy, why don't you try it without the shield and lightning strike?

How does this prove Demise is not easy? How does me limiting myself make Demise himself a harder boss? I could do things like not get any heart pieces, only stand in one spot while fighting him, KEEP MY EYES CLOSED, but that does not mean Demise himself is harder. That's something I, the player, did for a challenge. I like what Ventus used to show that even without the basic equipment you can defeat Demise, but it doesn't work the other way around. There's noobtubing, and then there's using what's given to you. It's fine if you want to make the challenge harder by limiting yourself, I do that all the time, but that doesn't make the challenge itself more difficult.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
The fact that you were able to take him down with a keyboard and mouse shows you have skill just as much as you posting that 30 second vid.

Are you kidding me?

Um... he was attacking periodically.

Yeah...you seem to be under the impression that this is because he was timing his attacks and where Demise sword was...but he wasn't. Look closely at his movements. While slow, they are completely random with little to no concern where Demise's sword is. The reason he was attacking so slowly is because the emulator isn't fast enough to handle full-speed waggling. Even when Demise is stunned, where a normal player would go all out, Ventus's attacks are only slightly fastered due to the fact that Demise simply isn't blocking them.

Flailing would have gotten him killed with how many times he was getting hit.

Flailing nearly DID get him killed...but he still ended up winning.

It's fine if you want to make the challenge harder by limiting yourself, I do that all the time, but that doesn't make the challenge itself more difficult.

Expect retaliation from JuiceJ on this one.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Using skill to defeat Demise will of course make his fight easier. There are some players out there with lots of skill who will have used it to defeat him quite quickly. However, when I last played Skyward Sword a month ago, I could not be bothered with the final boss battle and literally waved my arm from left to right repeatedly. I beat him without taking damage. The only time I stopped flailing was to get lighting strikes and for the final blow. Other than that I did nothing but flail my arm and Demise was defeated within a couple of minutes and I had taken no damage.

What I'm trying to say here is that, from my experience, skill will make the fight easier but it is a disappointingly easy fight to begin with. Like most things in SS, flailing will see you through and when it is just as easy to defeat the final boss when you put absolutely no effort in as it is if you use every ounce of skill at your disposal, then I have to agree that that boss is ridiculously easy, regardless of whether you are good at the game or not.

Alex

~TLoZ Veteran~
It's way too easy, i'm quite dissipointed in fact, you saw the epic portal at the end and Demise looking super baws and then when you get to the fight you win it almost imidiently...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom