• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is Cereal Soup?

Is Cereal Soup?

• Yea

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Nae

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • ???

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
I feel like this is one of the descisions to define America as a people. I ask you to think carefully before responding and please be tolerant of other people’s responses.

:bubsy::bubsy::bubsy:

Last edited:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
a0a617b0cb16658d43c1a8b8289979042741ca5f7e73a7eb1c5a6f5657fd5144.jpg

D

Deleted member 14134

I put yes. Like my soup, I eat my cereal dry.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I put yes. Like my soup, I eat my cereal dry.
**** me now I'm imagining your sick ass eating chicken noodle soup without broth. Or just a completely empty bowl for tomato soup.

Anyway I guess it is soup technically, but thinking of it that way will make you start seeing bagels cut in half as sandwich buns and start asking for "sauce" when you want ketchup. Or even worse, maybe you'll call ketchup "soup". It's healthiest for the mind not to think of these things.
No, it has milk in it. It's clearly a stew.
Now this is just wrong. Milk definitely isn't a necessary component of stew (in fact I didn't even know it was a common one), and the main part of stew is that it's cooked slowly in a liquid. Now not only is cereal clearly not cooked, but no one wants their cereal to sit in the liquid for too long because it will get soggy. If @Spider-Bok had a cereal stew he'd probably die immediately after because of the sogginess.

Now this is just wrong. Milk definitely isn't a necessary component of stew (in fact I didn't even know it was a common one), and the main part of stew is that it's cooked slowly in a liquid. Now not only is cereal clearly not cooked, but no one wants their cereal to sit in the liquid for too long because it will get soggy. If @Spider-Bok had a cereal stew he'd probably die immediately after because of the sogginess.
4569aa2ca7.jpg

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Oatmeal or porridge would be the breakfast variant of soup. Despite sharing some similarities, cereal is different in many aspects such as consistency and texture. And while most breakfast cereals contain oats and grains as key ingredients, calling it a "soup" elicits the implication that it would have to be boiled or otherwise heated. The aforementioned oatmeal and porridge are generally cooked and therefore can considered soup to some degree, especially with the wide range of other contents that can be mixed in.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
Oatmeal or porridge would be the breakfast variant of soup. Despite sharing some similarities, cereal is different in many aspects such as consistency and texture. And while most breakfast cereals contain oats and grains as key ingredients, calling it a "soup" elicits the implication that it would have to be boiled or otherwise heated. The aforementioned oatmeal and porridge are generally cooked and therefore can considered soup to some degree, especially with the wide range of other contents that can be mixed in.
I’ve had cold soup before, I had a cold mango soup at one point. It was quite nice

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
but no one wants their cereal to sit in the liquid for too long because it will get soggy.

Speak for yourself. I like my cereal soggy and my soup crunchy.

But seriously, am I the only person that likes soggy cereal? :shrugs:

Anyways, cereal isn't a soup. Would you call water with ice and some fruit in it a soup? Just because it has a liquid base doesn't mean it's soup!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom