• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Is Breath of the Wild a good foundation for the future of Zelda?

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
So if DDOSing him over it isn't "freaking out", then what is?

In fact, nobody I know of is freaking or outing about a video game rating that is, for all intents and purposes, irrelevant.

Nobody I know of is currently "freaking out". The point being that my bringing up the review now is not a knee-jerk reaction (like DDOSing him) but an observation about which my opinion had not changed for this long.

Why not call it a piece of **** and give it a 3/10 or something?

Because, as I said, he's not 12. The man isn't entirely vindictive but he specifically does trollish things to appease his fan base. Giving him the benefit of the doubt, I'd say he let the shills get the better of him and in response, have Breath of the Wild a lower score than it deserved. If I were not to give him that benefit, I would say that he specifically did it to give his Sterlingites something to defend him over. But I'm going to say it was the former.

OK let's pretend he gave it a lower score than it deserved. Why is this a problem and not that reviews that:

1) Gave it a much higher score than it deserved. i.e. the 10 reviews that ignore the massive flaws BOTW has?
2) Were hastily submitted despite the reviewer clearly not having time to complete the game?
3) Were written by parties whose careers are dependent on early copies and thus have a conflict of interest?

My answer:

If not for Sterling's borderline libelistic troll review of the game, it would be the second highest rated game of all time instead of the third.

What I said was true, apart from my opinion (that Sterling's review was a troll review, which is not a fact, but an opinion) regardless of anyone's opinions on other reviewers. To quote one of my favorites, "More than one thing can be true.". In this case, three things are true by my reckoning. First: Jim Sterling gave BotW a lower score than it deserved (my opinion). Second: there seem to be many reviewers of all kinds of media today that crap out worthless reviews daily (our shared opinion). Third, absent Jim Sterling's score for BotW, the game would be rated the second best game of all time (a fact, as far as I can tell).

I'm also not a fan of SJWs, let us join forces in solidarity regarding this point.

Last edited:

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
The game was phenomenal. If not for Sterling's borderline libelistic troll review of the game, it would be the second highest rated game of all time instead of the third. I say this simply to make clear that I believe the game is truly fantastic. That being said, I prefer a linear structure in my games for the most part. Granted, I've played and enjoyed open world games on many occasions. I still play Skyrim to this day, for instance, but it's not necessarily the direction in which I would most like to see Zelda go.

Here's a thought: make open air Zelda games a third branch of development. We still get top-down and/or side-scrolling Zelda games on handheld and mobile devices and we split the 3D Zelda games into two divisions: open air and linear. Yeah, I just colonceptioned that sentence. Nintendo has the capital, the hardware, the diversity, and finally a cache of enough good will in gamers to beef up the Zelda team.

This is the time for a push. Nintendo is branching out into theme parks, book series, productions like symphonies and movies, online, and mobile. To add a third Zelda production team would be daring and quite possibly disastrous but I think this could be the time to do it. Especially with the Switch, it's the perfect platform from which to launch such a campaign.
What's 2 and 1? Isn't OoT number 1?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom