• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is BotW2 the right game to introduce a whole new race into Zelda?

In BotW we had the Gerudo, the Rito, the Zora, the Gorons, Sheikah and Hylians but nothing new...

BotW did have a lot to say about the Zonai though, the mysterious barbarian-like tribe who vanished mysteriously overnight.

Since we're returning to the same Hyrule of BotW1 for BotW2, do you think the inclusion of a new race would be too jarring or would you welcome a new race?

I'm personally hoping we get the Zonai fleshed out and that they're an army of ghosts living underground.

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
Gorons and Zoras and Dekus were races that originally were enemies, so a similar situation here would be cool and unexpected.

What if this time around, we meet friendly Bokoblins that hates their evil counterparts? And they're all cuddly and adorable? Not too sure I'm into it, but it would be unexpected as heck.

Another creature from another game I would've love to see as a fleshed-out race are the monkeys from MM.

Gorons and Zoras and Dekus were races that originally were enemies, so a similar situation here would be cool and unexpected.

What if this time around, we meet friendly Bokoblins that hates their evil counterparts? And they're all cuddly and adorable? Not too sure I'm into it, but it would be unexpected as heck.

Another creature from another game I would've love to see as a fleshed-out race are the monkeys from MM.

Ooooooh the MM monkeys would be pretty cool to bring back.

Sure. Zelda does introduce new races frequently.

Talking Moblins (TLoZ)
Talking Zola/Zora (ALttP)
Minish (MC)
Twili (TP)
Mogma/weird seahorse things/kikwi/demon (SS)
Labrynnians (OoA)
Subrosians (OoS)
Holodrumites (OoS)
Talking Animals (LA)
Lorulians (ALBW)
Gorons (OoT)
Gerudos (OoT)
Kokiri (OoT)
Talking Trees (OoT)
Terminians (MM)
Ikana and Gero (MM)
Rito (WW)
The banana scythe wielding people whose name escapes me (BotW)

And I'm sure there's more I'm missing

When were Gorons ever an enemy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom