• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Is BotW your least favourite for anything?

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
BotW is my favourite game, but of course I can see that it isn't perfect in all respects. There are at least a couple of cheap things to list off;

Dungeon boss variety. I specified dungeon boss since I think the overworld bosses rectify the problem. But in the dungeons themselves, having it all be an elemental variation of Ganon did leave something to be desired. It may have made thematic sense, but the rest of the series have done far better in this aspect.

Main dungeon design. Apart from Hyrule Castle which is fantastic (though you could skip past most of it if you really wanted to), the Divine Beasts, while a cool idea and making thematic sense, have nothing on the typical Zelda dungeons (though I did personally love the puzzles of Vah Naboris).

LegendOfMeesh

You Are The Light
The dungeons, ugh. I’m not a fan of the Divine Beasts, but I dislike the shrines even more. I don’t find them to be enjoyable to solve whatsoever.

The storyline as well, there’s just not enough to it for me.

How empty the world felt. The world itself is the most beautiful of all the games, but there wasn’t enough going on in that world. It was too empty. With it being the largest of all the games, there was so much potential to fill it up way more than it was.

But worst of all... THE ENDING. I’m still super bitter about it. I was so amazed by the game as a whole but as soon as I beat it, I was filled with massive disappointment over the ending. Most of the time when I replay the game, I don’t even bother to beat Ganon because I don’t want to relive that awful ending again.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
I'm going to say final final boss. Still a decent final boss but the final FINAL boss was kind of crappy. I think I'd rather play any other final boss in the series. I want a huge fan of the dungeons but I'd rather play any of them than play any dungeon from AoL.

Even Link's Awakening had better fishing but to be honest, I'd rather spend an hour swimming around, picking up fish in BotW than an hour at the same fishing hole in LA. Um, maybe my least favorite owl in the series. Probably. The paraglider. It's probably tied for my least favorite gliding device. There's the A Link Between Worlds twirly leaves, the flowers for Deku link, the Deku leaf for Wind Waker, Roc's cape in Minish Cap and one of the Oracle games. Then there's the sailcloth and the paraglider. I don't love the sailcloth from Skyward Sword but at least it had a meaningful place in the story.

The dungeons, ugh. I’m not a fan of the Divine Beasts, but I dislike the shrines even more. I don’t find them to be enjoyable to solve whatsoever.

The storyline as well, there’s just not enough to it for me.

How empty the world felt. The world itself is the most beautiful of all the games, but there wasn’t enough going on in that world. It was too empty. With it being the largest of all the games, there was so much potential to fill it up way more than it was.

But worst of all... THE ENDING. I’m still super bitter about it. I was so amazed by the game as a whole but as soon as I beat it, I was filled with massive disappointment over the ending. Most of the time when I replay the game, I don’t even bother to beat Ganon because I don’t want to relive that awful ending again.

Zelda's scary open mouthed smile is what makes me not want to beat Ganon ever again.

Zelda's scary open mouthed smile is what makes me not want to beat Ganon ever again.

maxresdefault.jpg

The duck smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom