• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Is BotW your favourite for anything?

This title is a bit clunky so let me explain.

Even if BotW isn't your favourite overall Zelda game is there something it does better than any other Zelda game you've played?

For example; The Wind Waker is my favourite Zelda game but I think BotW looks better (especially over WWHD) and is my favourite looking Zelda overall.

So, is BotW your favourite for anything?

Definitely exploring is where BotW shines. I liked very much just wonder all over the world. Also in wind waker I liked the freedom but BotW did it better.
Agree with Spirit that grapichs were best in BotW. They reminded me about Miyazaki’s animations which I’m very fond of.

I prefer the graphics style of Twilight Princess t.b.h.

But that was not the question...
multiple people have said it before me, but to be able to explore a vast area with lots of freedom is unique to the Legend of Zelda series and executed quite well. Therefore, I like the game a lot.

LegendOfMeesh

You Are The Light
-Overall graphics, including the Zora and Rito characters.
-Horse options
-Customization options for Link
-The massive world: it could use more filling but I love its size and all the exploring it allows you to do

I had a Hard time enjoying BotW for the most part, but that's not to say it did some things right. For the most part, the graphics were pretty good and with what little music there is, the music dida great job in setting the mood for the environment, especially Hyrule Castle, the music there is so god damn awsome!!

Another thing I liked was when you actually enter the towns and initiate the quests to recover the divine beasts, Those segments of the game actually felt closer to the feel of a Zelda game.

I also like the interior of the shrines where the puzzle side of Zelda really do shine. I'd probably say the same thing with the divine beasts as well.

I think the one thing I liked the most was it's use of Amiibo which I'm not gonna lie helped me enjoy BotW that much more. I think to date this Game probably has the best use of Amiibo yet. Had you not been able to obtain weapons/gear based on the amiibo you scan, I'd probably wouldn't of enjoyed this game as much as I did. running around the world dressed as OoT Link had this calming sense of nostalgia.

So yeah I'm not a huge fan of BotW, it's not even in my top 5 favourite Zelda games, but like the Star wars prequal trilogy, just because some thing is bad, doesn't mean something good can't come out of it...

BotW has my favourite overworld, combat, towns(overall, atleast; Clock Town is still the best Zelda town, though), and mini dungeons, so yes. It's definitely in my top Zelda games.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Oh I love a huge LOT about BotW. But it's my top fav when it comes to ....them! I so <3 them!
Bokoblins-1024x576.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom