• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Is Botw actually bad?

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
@Mikey the Moblin I see what you did there. The weird techno sound to the music is outdated for OoT. BotW has such great songs as Hyrule Castle, Revali's Theme, Tarry Town...

The graphics are better than any game in the Zelda series:
BotWView attachment 55174 OoTView attachment 55175

It's okay that you like OoT more than BotW, but I didn't like it very much when I played it
Obviously the graphics and sound in a 5 year old game are going to be a higher quality than a 25 year old game, that doesn’t mean the game is better or worse. In 20 years someone is going to look at BotW and think that it looks hideous compared to the newest Zelda.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Obviously the graphics and sound in a 5 year old game are going to be a higher quality than a 25 year old game, that doesn’t mean the game is better or worse. In 20 years someone is going to look at BotW and think that it looks hideous compared to the newest Zelda.

I mean, Ocarina of Time is hideous compared to Breath of the Wild. Compared to modern games, Ocarina of Time feels kind of primitive to me. There's a certain degree of looked-good-for-its-time you can take into account, but the graphics have still aged like oily mud on a warm summer day. There are games from that era that I love, but I look back at them now and see all the cracks and wrinkles from developing hardware.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
How is it wrong? Plenty of other games use this concept pretty well, one in particular being Fallout: New Vegas using stronger enemies to deter players from certain areas until they gain better items or level up or learn to outsmart them, etc. That and why even bother putting in a stealth system if it’s not made useful? It is nice to have a challenge for once in a 3D Zelda game that doesn’t amount to simply buffing enemies but taking into account resources and actually gauging whether every little outpost is worth taking over or going around.
that's not remotely the same thing
if botw didn't want you to fight all those outposts they wouldn't reward you for it
but for most of the game the rewards just aren't worth the cost of fighting outposts at all
I have no idea what you're talking about with "challenge" or "resources" or "gauging"
enemies being too strong to fight to gate areas is another thing entirely, see dark souls
botw doesn't do that

Gonna just have to agree to disagree. BotW is all about traversal and knowing when and how to fight tougher enemies or when to take alternative routes to your destination.

While it's fun, I do see just how overrated the game truly is. It wasn't all that interesting in the story department. The characters are kind of bland. And the collectables are not all that fun to collect. A lot of it is just big. It's gameplay is great for me, but the rest of it is lacking in departments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom