• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is Anyone Else Tired of Miis?

What do you think of Miis?

• I love them!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They're okay if used in moderation

• I hate them

• I don't care either way.

• Total voters

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
The idea of being able to customize a character that you could use in variety of games was really cool at first. Most of you probably remember the first time you made a Mii and it either looked nothing like you are was scary how accurate it was. After a while they just get annoying. I don''t mind the concept of an avatar, the problem is the way they look. On the Wii especially their were very few options that looked good or realistic. After a while all the Miis start to look the same, it seems there a 3-4 mouths, noses, and eyes that are used consistently and maybe 2 different heads. I am not an XBOX guy, but I would love to see an avatar system like that. It is crazy realistic they can look (It helps that they have ears).

It seems to me that the Miis are becoming used and abused. For those of you who didn't know, there is a Wii-U game coming out call Super Mario Bros Mii. Why? I want to play as Mario or Luigi.

What are your thoughts on the Miis?

Also, is there a way to edit the poll, I want to change the spelling error?

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
Ugh YES! TOO MANY MIIs!!! I like avatars more like Sims with actual, you know, ARMS and all! Miis aren't very realistic making it difficult for me to 'imagine' myself in the game like Wii Sports or whatever. I am a fan of Nintendo's more hard core games so I don't play a lot of Wii Sports and Sports Resort, but Miis should go away. I don't like them on the 3DS; what's the POINT?!?!!?!?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
In my opinion, Miis, Avatars, whatever...they're all ridiculous. I'd rather choose an ingame name and stick with that instead of making a person to represent me. I know it's optional in most games (which is why I shouldn't care), but I don't believe that it should be as used as it is because the Miis and the Avatars and the Sims - they're just boring like you said. Despite the 360 counterpart to the Mii being more realistic, it doesn't make it any better. You're still just clicking a button a lot of times, and what's worse is on the Xbox360, the avatars aren't even used to the extent that Miis are on the Wii. I wish companies would focus more on games rather than 'nifty' little things that are ignored more often than not.

When I first got my Wii in 2007, I was really exited for the Miis. After a while, they just got really boring. I used to have around 80, now I have around 20.
I don't know about the XBox avatars, but the PSN Home equivilant I think is really the same thing. I never use them.

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs
In all fairness I don't really have an opinion on them. I made one after the first Wii game I owned practically forced me into making one, and since then i've ignored the whole concept of the Mii.
I pretty much make a starting Mii, or avatar in the Xbox's case, and then forget all about its existence.

Saying that, it's not going to really bother me if there's a Mii specific game.

Beeker

Wild Card
I never really made or paid attention to Miis too much. I made my personal Mii and a few others, but not a lot. That being the case, I only paid a little more attention to them in games like Wii Sports Resort. Altogether, it doesn't really matter much to me.

Miis are okay. I mean, I honestly have very many games that even offer to use them. I mean, I have a few, and then for most of them, it isn't required--you can play as other characters, too. In games like that, I don't use the miis hardly ever... maybe once or twice to try it out, but miis are too out-of-proportion, in my opinion. They kind of look too "tubular", if that is the right word for it... If Nintendo were to improve on the realism of the miis, I might enjoy using them more. It bothers me that when I am in a game with impressive graphics, that I have to play as a character that looks too... mismatched to the style.

I'm not really tired of them--I mean, making them is fun. :p But I never make them to represent myself... xD More like OCs and such... I just wish that there were more offered hair colors/styles, eye colors/styles, and such. There were several additions to the styles on the Nintendo 3DS, but there still seems to be something lacking.

I found the Miis a little fun to mess with, and it's kind of funny to see them as the icon on my save file in a number of games. I might use them in a Mario game, but I can't see myself using them too excessively. The Miis system isn't supposed to be anything close to deep. It's odd, it's quaint and cute. I think that's sort of where my problem with it is.

It basically comes off as half-***ed. I generally am not too fond of the implementation of a system or concept that is only done half-way, and the Miis feel half-way to me. I've messed around with customizable avatar characters before (I used to go to Gaia Online), and really tons of options and heavy customization are what make them entertaining. The Miis lack the ability to give your character your own sense of style, they just give you a pre-set style and let you mess around with that.

Miis should have been deeper and should have allowed more control over the look and feel of your Mii. That said, I don't mind the Miis with the Wii, but now that all the other Nintendo consoles are using them too, it's starting to get out of hand. If they're going to continue with them, then they should improve them.

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
In my opinion, Miis, Avatars, whatever...they're all ridiculous. I'd rather choose an ingame name and stick with that instead of making a person to represent me. I know it's optional in most games (which is why I shouldn't care), but I don't believe that it should be as used as it is because the Miis and the Avatars and the Sims - they're just boring like you said. Despite the 360 counterpart to the Mii being more realistic, it doesn't make it any better. You're still just clicking a button a lot of times, and what's worse is on the Xbox360, the avatars aren't even used to the extent that Miis are on the Wii. I wish companies would focus more on games rather than 'nifty' little things that are ignored more often than not.

Exactly! I prefer the main character to be a well designed character with a story, not some little character that is supposed to look like me. I think it is just lazy when you use Miis as the main characters. I also think that the 360's avatar's are dumb in the sense that they are useless.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
360 avatars had no application whatsoever or so I remember. I mean, I can't remember much because I'm always playing the same two games, but still...

Nicole

luke is my wife
I never really used Miis that often. With Wii Sports Resort, a game I did find quite enjoyable, I really only selected my Mii and moved on to the game. Because my Mii was a representation of myself, I never really thought it was overused. Despite the fact that the Miis are not very lifelike, I never felt that they should have been. It was a cute, cartoon-esque way to depict people in a few games. In all honesty, I don't think there are that many Wii games that actually utilize Miis. Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort were the major games I can think of in which you'd almost always see your Mii, while games like Mario Kart simply used your Mii to mark your file, which I thought was a good idea.

I voted for "They're okay if used in moderation," because I don't mind having a few games that use Miis to represent the player or use them to mark your specific save file. If every game used Miis, or Nintendo decided to use Miis instead of Link or Mario, then I wouldn't like it too much. As it is, I don't mind.

Godkarmachine

Angry Megaman Fan
I hate miis..... And I don't understand what Nintendo sees in them, they are dumb to be honest.... And I don't understand why some people want them in Smash Bros
At first they seemed like a good idea but it got old really quick, mainly because of the abuse from nintendo (they want to put them everywhere)
I think a simple avatar would do (avatar as in an image, not a mii ripoff from x360)

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
Miis to me are like cartoon versions of yourself. I mean sure, they don't look exactly like you, but you can utilize the functions and options to make a good-lookin' Mii that people will recognize as you. I think ti's cool to see your Mii racing along-side Mario, or sword fighting on Wuhu Island, or playing Baseball. The Miis to me are a very cool and creative idea. And the Nintendo 3DS added ALOT of new features, such as the "Thin-thick" tool, which allowed your Mii to look even more like you.

Miis are a great idea if you could just give them a chance. I mean, the people here who say they don't like 'em are the ones who also said they barely make any. I LOVE to make Miis, i think it's cool to see what you can do with each part and how you could break the rules and use eye-brows as ears or antennae. All in all, Miis are a cool concept, and don't bring the idea down until you fully experience the awesomeness that is the Mii Maker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom