• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Is Anyone else Annoyed About OoT-3DS?

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Yes! I have a DS original and I I have had it for 5 years now and I have watched new DS models come out but I was waiting until my DS died. So it is convinient that the 3DS is remaking OoT for the 3DS. BUT. The problem is, for me, is that Skyward Sword is for Wii Motion Plus. So it is going to cost way too much to buy Wii Motion Plus AND a brand new 3DS plus both of the games! So I am annoyed about the timing and console choice for the OoT remake.

Shnappy

derp
I'm glad that they decided to wait til the 3DS was released to make remakes. This is mostly because of how uncomfortable I am with controlling Link with a stylus. Although I'm not quite as psyched as many others are with releasing a remake on 3DS. The large world of OoT, to me, seems like it should be on a non-portable console, because everything would seem to be condensed into too small of a space. Now, I am unaware of the size of the 3DS, but I don't imagine it's much bigger than the DS. The controls should be interesting, and they don't look like they'll be easy for me to get used to.

And as for the price, like Kazumi said, it won't be 300 bucks, it will be somewhere around 200. But that still is a pretty nice chunk, and I'm going to have to do some serious lawn mowing to pay for it. And just as long as it isn't Virtual Boy all over again, which is highly unlikely to happen, 200 bucks is actually quite a bargain in my opinion.

well i kinda see what youre talking about. In my opinion the lite and XL were compleatly pointless, it made everyone say that my DS(the original) looked wierd cause thet thought the first ds made was the lite or something. And I just don't understand why make a remake of the DSi, thats the EXACT same thing, but bigger? The 3DS looks cool tho, but its the FIFTH DS made so far. I hope this won't turn out like guitar hero, making games(in this case, systems) about every 2 weeks.

The technology with the DS and DSi just isn't quite enough to make a good remake of OoT.
...Uh. The 3DS is much more powerful than the N64. So a console more powerful than the console OoT first came out on isn't worthy of hosting a remake of it? =\

The only thing that annoys me about OoT-3DS is that I'll be expected to appreciate the improved graphics on a diminutive screen. Why couldn't they release it on a console?
I don't personally think that's much of an issue, as I've never had trouble experiencing games on smaller screens. Actually, I've always been of the opinion that if a game can work fine on the handheld's hardware, then it should be on handheld because it has the added advantage of being portable. But maybe that's just me. I can understand the screen bothering people..

I hope their next console officially supports both a traditional controller, and a pointing device, rather than sticking us with the pointing device. Some games just work better with a controller.
QFT.

The DS is only barely as powerful as the N64.
I'm pretty sure the original DS is actually slightly more powerful than the N64, although I could be wrong. Otherwise I agree with you that waiting for the 3DS was a good move.

Although I'm not quite as psyched as many others are with releasing a remake on 3DS. The large world of OoT, to me, seems like it should be on a non-portable console, because everything would seem to be condensed into too small of a space. Now, I am unaware of the size of the 3DS, but I don't imagine it's much bigger than the DS. The controls should be interesting, and they don't look like they'll be easy for me to get used to.
I'm not terribly excited either. If they add some nice new content then I will be, but the idea of playing through the same game is meh for me. I'm definitely going to pick it up though.

And I don't see how Ocarina of Time had a large world at all. Compared to most Zelda games, including basically every single handheld Zelda game, it was pretty small. o_O

I personally am very happy they made it in 3D and with better graphics. What would be the point of having it remade on a normal DS when its barely as powerful as the N 64? Thats basically asking for a OoT remade with touch screen controls, and they already have it on virtual console, so what would the reamke on DS be? It'd be completely pointless I say. None of you have even experienced the 3D effect. I bet you'll all change your mind and have your mind blown when your favorite game has upgraded graphics and everything is vividly in depth. So no, I'm quite happy its on 3DS and not DS. Silly people.

initialDable

going deku
I was hoping OoT would be remade for DS original.
Kind of like Super Mario 64 DS. Unlike Super Mario 64 DS it doesn't look like Zelda OoT 3D will be all that different than the original beside a few new features which is why I'm not really all that excited for it as well. Who knows? We'll just have to wait and see when it comes out.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I'm P.O.'d that Nintendo would make another handheld as well I mean really the DS good enough as it is. You can just remake OoT Like someone already posted for regular DS instead making a whole new system plus they're probably going to stop making games for regular DS games now and work on the DS-i and 3DS.

Kazumi

chagy
I'm P.O.'d that Nintendo would make another handheld as well I mean really the DS good enough as it is. You can just remake OoT Like someone already posted for regular DS instead making a whole new system plus they're probably going to stop making games for regular DS games now and work on the DS-i and 3DS.

Uhh... No. It's long been time for a new handheld. The DS technology is at least seven years old by now. Almost eight. The 3DS is just a tad bit more powerful then the PSP, and the the PSP came out around the same time as the DS. So Nintendo is really far behind. Not to mention the fact, that as mentioned further up in the thread an Ocarina of Time remake for DS wouldn't really work, as the DS isn't really powerful enough, and it has no analog stick, which for something like a 3D Zelda game is totally necessary. They are still making games for the DS, and they well still make some after the 3DS comes out. There are still plenty of DS games on the horizon, including Pokemon Black/White, a new Kirby game, Kingdom Hearts: Re Coded, a new Professor Layton game, and more. You have to move on at some point.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
Uhh... No. It's long been time for a new handheld. The DS technology is at least seven years old by now. Almost eight. The 3DS is just a tad bit more powerful then the PSP, and the the PSP came out around the same time as the DS. So Nintendo is really far behind. Not to mention the fact, that as mentioned further up in the thread an Ocarina of Time remake for DS wouldn't really work, as the DS isn't really powerful enough, and it has no analog stick, which for something like a 3D Zelda game is totally necessary. They are still making games for the DS, and they well still make some after the 3DS comes out. There are still plenty of DS games on the horizon, including Pokemon Black/White, a new Kirby game, Kingdom Hearts: Re Coded, a new Professor Layton game, and more. You have to move on at some point.
I understand I'll definately buy a 3DS when it price goes down to 150 but eventually they'll stop making original DS games be fore people will have a chance to buy a DS-i or a 3DS.

Because it's clearly a terrible thing that Nintendo is utilising new[er] technology and making a more up-to-date handheld system, and then using that to remake the game.

I'm more annoyed about OoT 3DS than I am excited because I think games on consoles are much better even if it's an exact remake like mario 64 on the DS ,in my opinion, was way worse than the origional because it feels smaller sure it has more content and better graphics but you don't have to hunch over and block out the light to see those graphics. So I don't think I'll buy the 3DS unless they release some new origional games on it so in my opinion OoT 3DS won't feel the same as playing it on a console therefore I am more annoyed about it.

Valexi

Hylian Thief
Well, to address OP's complaints, they have to move forward sometime.
I mean, the DS has been out for quite a while. Although they maybe should have given the DSXL time to breath, the 3DS is a huge step forward.
The appeal of remaking OoT wouldn't be as good if it wasn't for the added 3D. Sure, I would have been excited for a 2D DS release of OoT, but I'm ECSTATIC for the 3D OoT.
And I can't wait for future 3DS Zelda games. I'm certain they'll do some original Toon Link games for the 3DS, since handheld Toon Link games are what they do, but hopefully we'll see some original non-Toon games on the 3DS as well. Though, I'd be just as happy if we got an MM 3DS remake as well.
:)

I was hoping Nintendo could wait a while before releasing another handheld console. Now that 3DS is being released, they're going to stop making games for DS original. It's so annoying, how I never get to have the new system. EVERY single time I buy a new console, Nintendo discontinues it and makes a better one.

Where the heck am I supposed to get 300$ for a 3DS? I was hoping OoT would be remade for DS original. >_<

This sounds more like a complaint on the system, rather than the game. The fact that you dislike new technology replacing old technology bothers me. Do you not like progress? That's basically what it is. The fact that you can't afford it is irrelevant, but the sort of things they're including in this should lead to some awesome things to be introduced in our daily lives. Now, complain about the game itself, and the thread title will be relevant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom