• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is Alttp Worth Playing?

Oh geeze, I totally read the question wrong, I thought he was talking about Four Swords... durrrrrrrrr
Anyways, HELL ya! A Link To The Past is an instant classic! Full of depth and challenge and epicness!

V

Virgil

In my personal opinion, that Legend of Zelda game is the greatest game of all time. I am damn near devestated over the fact that I don't have a Wii or an old Super Nintendo to play it on. Everything about it just calls to me. The combat was excellent for it's time, the puzzles, the enemies, even the graphics for it's time were incredible. It had an epic story line, an awesome opening, and ending. It had adventure, peril, anger, love, everything I could ever want in a game, it had it all. That was one of the best pieces of work that I will never forget for as long as I live, and I vow that I will play it again, even if it has been over 11 years since i've touched it, it will happen, and you should definitely give it a go yourself.

A Link to the Past is available on Wii's Virtual Console and has a port on the Gameboy Advance. I think that's enough to say it is worth playing without spoiling anything.

Vynn Sarr

Sith Lord
ALttP is one of my favorite games. It was very innovative for its time and it actually was a chalenge to me. It is a suburb game definitly worth playing.

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
I was about to click off the page, when I spotted this and nearly tripped over myself in my haste to click on it (metaphorically, of course).
This question should be a no-brainer. Is LttP worth playing? Well, lemme think, is air worth breathing?

In all seriousness though, it is one of the best (if not the best) games in the series, with a fantastic mix of plot, puzzles and challenge... it's a must-play. Heck, the fact that almost every Zelda game since has tried to emulate it in some way just shows how damn epic it is! Seriously, if your GBA/DS is charged, go play it right now... and prepare for one truly awesome adventure!

D

dsp2000

A Link to the Past is the Zelda game that got my love for the series started. I love the story of the game and the difficulty is just right IMO. Plus I love the idea of having the two different "worlds" that Link must travel.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
ALttP is worth playing, no doubt, but it will definitely be frustrating. I would advise you to start a 100% run, meaning you collect all heart containers and what not, because doing a 3 heart run is insane.

CUCCOMASTER

..and all things will end
some say bad things about it, but the reality is that its awesome. its not some short game that u can breeze through. its a portable masterpiece of ongoing adventure!

shan-tastic

nine thousand and one.
Yes yes yes yes yes.
It's crazy fun. Nearly impossible at times, but there are so many awesome temples and quests to embark on, you'll never get bored with it.

Beeker

Wild Card
Definitely. I'm currently playing through it (though I still have quite a bit to do in it):xd:

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
It's a lot of fun, especially if you have the GBA version w/ Four Swords, b/c there are a lot of cool things you can get only on that version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom