• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is a Steam Deck worth it ?

Is a Steam Deck worth it?

• Absolutely

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Not at all

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (explain in post)

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

King Link

The Hero of the Kingdom
I want to know is a steam deck worth its price tag. Sure you can emulate it and play AAA games on it but it costs a huge amount. So is it worth its price.

Azure Sage

Join your hands...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Depends on which games you want it for. I got one so I could play all the pc games I want on handheld because I refuse to play games any way that isn't handheld. However, the steam deck unfortunately does not run everything well. For example, Dragon's Dogma 2 constantly crashes it. If you want it to play something more high-octane, better to do your research first. If you want it for the same or similar reason as I did... just be aware, it's not going to work well for everything.

Killjoy262

Mentally Numb
I second what Az said. It depends on what games you want to play. I've read a lot of multi player games(e.g. CoD, PUBG, Guild Wars 2) are either unplayable due to their anti-cheat software or too clunky to enjoy. Also Flight Sim seems to be an issue for folks. Other than those, A majority of games are playable with minimal to no issues.

So imo, it depends on what you want to play.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Absolutely. While there are some games just not optimized enough for the Deck (like the aforementioned Dragon's Dogma 2) or just incompatible with the control scheme (anything that doesn't have controller support like Guild Wars 2), it's a great gateway into PC gaming. Heck, you can play games like Cyberpunk 2077 on it. That being said, its Linux operating system doesn't really play well with some Easy Anticheat games. You'll have to go without things like PUBG and Call of Duty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom