• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

OoT-3DS Is $40 Worth It?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
This question goes to the people who bought Ocarina 3d,yet already owned the original 64 version.
Do you think buying this game at that price was worth while?I mean I already have OoT on both my Wii & GameCube [virtual console & zelda collector's disc]
There's kind of a reason why I'm even considering getting this again in the first place,but I wanna hear from someone else's perspective on whether getting this is a bad idea or not if I technically already have the game.

I guess it depends on your reasons for wanting to have it. That stuff varies a lot between people.

I haven't bought it yet, but I plan to (just haven't gotten around to it). I own the 64 version, but these days I prefer to play everything handheld because it's more convenient for me; I do most of my gaming on the bus, so 3DS versions will win out every time. But obviously this won't be the case for everyone.

The 3DS version has better graphics a greatly improved menu and item selection system, I also found the controls to be smoother and and more responsive, it also comes with the master quest which is also improved with more heavily modified dungeons, the texture and overall details of the games environments have been redone beautifully, the 3d is simply awesome, for me it was important that I could play one of my all time favorite games where and whenever I wanted to play it, but its really up to you, if you feel like its worth 40$ and you love it then buy it, in my opinion it was worth every cent, I've played it over 505 times amounting to over 335 hours I should mention that I've had it since 2011 just so you guys don't think I'm a crazed addict of Zelda games.

Salem

SICK
Only you can decide for yourself if the 40$ game that you have owned on previous consoles is worth it, sure it has some improvements and it's portable now, but again like it depends if you think they justify the 40$ price.

If you have reservations about the price but you still want it, why not get it used?

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
I haven't personally bought it, but my sister has and I've played a fair bit of it. I can definitely see the appeal of it for those who've never played it. Much-improved graphics and a portable experience are definitely a plus. However, and mind you this is just my opinion, somehow the fact that it's portable diminished the experience for me. Idunno, the fact that the original's on a console makes it have more immersion for me (which is admittedly hypocritical of me considering I'm engrossed in the Pokemon games, but whatever). Also, I simply prefer the way Link moves more in the original; he's a little too float-y, for lack of a better term, in the 3D version. I'm also not a fan of how the ocarina works in the remake, the C-buttons and A button made more sense to me.

Ultimately it's your decision, but honestly... if you already have a version of the game then I don't see the point of buying it again even if it's a remake.

It's up to you, but imo, the 3DS version is better than the N64 version. It's all because the controls feel more smoother compared to how they were originally. Again, it all depends on whether you want to own that particular version or not.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
It was worth it to me and I pretty much had every available version already; N64, VC version, GC Master Quest... Since getting the OoT3DS it's been the only version of the game that I play. It looks absolutely stunning, movement is smoother, no need to pause to change items. And being able to play it on the go wherever I am.

But it shouldn't be down to me whether you get it for that price or not. You need to figure out for yourself what you want, what type of gaming you prefer - home console or handheld, if the improved features matter that much to you, and so on.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
b/c if that means only saving like $5,why not go all the way

Shopping at Gamestop? Get it used, especially if you're not sure about whether it's worth it. Buy it used, if you love it, return it within the first week for a full refund and buy it new. Hate it? Return it within the first week for a full refund. (at least, this used to be the return policy at Gamestop. I haven't shopped there in a while, so I'm not sure if they've changed it.)

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Yes it is worth it. Especially because you actually get two games for one price. OoT and MQ. When you finish the game you unlock MQ. The graphics are better, you can replay every Dungeon Boss fights without creating new files. So yeah I personally would say go for it

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
What is on your priority list? Bills and possible vacations, or a video game? Are you willing to put off a possible phone bill payment to get your hands on this video game? Do you know if there will be a plumbing issue in your household that requires say $40? If you have all of these things in check or if you just don't have to worry about any of that, I'd say Ocarina of Time 3D is worth the money.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
What is on your priority list? Bills and possible vacations, or a video game? Are you willing to put off a possible phone bill payment to get your hands on this video game? Do you know if there will be a plumbing issue in your household that requires say $40?

.....uh...i still go to school and live w/ a parent

I own OoT on my N64, the Zelda Collectors Edition for Gamecube, and the MasterQuest for the Gamecube. The N64 was definitely my favorite in the sense that I was in Elementary School when OoT first came out and the game was so new back then. But I got OoT3D for Christmas, and it is in all honesty one of my favorite handheld games I have gotten in years along side Fire Emblem Awakening. The graphics are indeed a lot better, makes me realize how outdated the original's graphics really are. The controls are very smooth and a few things really make the game standout: the motion controls when using your Bow/Slingshot/Boomerang/Hookshot make them really easy to use, the additional button for using items gives you a fourth option instead of the traditional 3 C-Button Layout, the Iron Boots being a C-Button item making the Water Temple enjoyable. Since you have already played ALBW, I would say the money would be worth it, especially if you are a fan of playing the Second Quest in games and haven't yet played MQ. You could also always look into getting ST or PH too though, if you are just looking for a new Handheld Zelda Title to play.

Personally Ocarina of Time has never been my favorite Zelda game. I liked Link's Awakening better back in the day, and just when OoT was about to see more of the spotlight in my world, Majora's Mask came out and eclipsed every other game in the series to me. And even though I played OoT on the GC and played MQ on the GC, it wasn't until OoT3D that I truly remembered how much fun the game was and was the first time in a long time that the game actually had the same magical feel it had when I was a kid. The little details that were included around the world really helped sell the game for me. Being able to understand the posters on the walls in Kakariko village, or understand what I was looking at when in the Shadow Temple really made the game enjoyable again. Though I do sometimes wish I had gotten ALBW for Christmas, I am more than okay with OoT3D. I was in a huge vintage game mood around Christmas time, and it allowed me to play and older game with newer graphics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom