• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Classic Iron Knuckles, What Are They?

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
What are Iron Knuckles? Annoying.

But really, I'd say they're Gerudos, regardless of the armor's weight. As King of the Gerudos, Ganondorf had several guarding his tower. But there likely were those who chose to stay out of Ganon's evil deeds, such as Nabooru and those still residing in the desert. That's probably why Nabooru was turned into an Iron Knuckle against her will by Twinrova.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
Iron Knuckles are Knuckles... that are made of iron...

Anyway, as seen in OoT, MM, and AoL, they are Knights. Powerful ones, almost in the caliber of the TP Darknuts. I believe, like Thareous, that they are Gerudo who either are blindingly loyal to Ganondorf, or are simply brainwashed Gerudo used against their will, like Nabooru. In MM, since they almost exclusively appear in Ikana Canyon, one can argue they are/were part of either the Ikanian Military Force (as they guard a Piece of Heart and the Song of Storms, which were hidden by the Ikanians), or the Garo (they could be preventing Ikanians from obtaining them).

LordKorloros

Jared Moore
This is Korloros, I just want to thank everyone for all the replies (even the ones that are irrelevent), all the views. I plan on posting more theories later on when I can think of something and when the mechoran lord doesn't feel lazy.

H

Hero of Storms2

I just believe they were tresspassers on the Gerudo's land so they were transformed into spirits while traveling through the Haunted Wasteland and then they were sealed inside those bodies fighting any enemies they see.

Actually. They are Gerudo. They are Brainwashed by Twinrova to be slaves. How can you tell? On MM, go up to 1 of the 3 Idle Iron Knuckles. DO NOT ACTIVATE THEM. Stand up Real close, and use the up-c view. You should be able to see through the armor and see a Gerudo model in it. Which means 2 things. 1. The Iron Knuckle was made using the Gerudo Model. 2. The Iron Knuckle are Brainwashed Gerudo.

Edit: I think you can only Do this for Standing Iron Knuckles. Which means the 2 in Ganon's Castle work to.

Last edited:

Owner828

I'm not the muffin man!
I always believed that they were possessed pieces of armor. Long forgotten in the depths of dungeons, the original soldiers died, however, there spirit took over the armor. When you hit the Iron Knuckle, it comes alive. Why? Simply because you aggravate the spirit haunting it. Honestly I don't think anyone could lift THAT ax! Now I could be wrong, but so could, well, anyone.
Thumb_IronKnuckle.png

here is a picture of one. Could you lift that armor/ax?

N

Nino.g

They could be armored Redeads or something, or just possessed armor.

H

Hero of Storms2

I return with a new theory; maybe they're the old Gerudo Kings that died off but their souls now guard the spirit temple trying to keep any tresspassers away and but the sprits sense your motion once you "aggravate them" and try to destroy you through that tactic so I believe they are blind.

onidarklink2

An Hero of our Time
My theory is that, for Oot at least, they are animated suits of armor that have been posessed by Koume and Kotake. They could also be the spirits of the Male Greudos that are born every 100 years, who take control of those suits of armor when provoked by a weapon.

H

Howling Wind

I always thought they were haunted armor that just attack you. Or maybe like that TV show after the movies about the half human half machine things that come back through time to kill people O.O

I thought that when I was 9 anyway! =D I still go for the haunted armor thing because its more creepy.

jack546

The chosen one
I know that you guys will probably say something about how the manga is noncannon but in the altp manga iron knuckles are ghost suits of aurmor. just like howling wind said

H

Howling Wind

Sort of like that yes =D Only I just thought they were like, suits of armor with ghosts inside controlling them. Possessed or haunted armor =D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom