• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tech Help IPhone Degrading Help!

hylianbeast

Sage of Destiny
About two weeks ago I jail-broke my iPhone 3GS. I decided to upgrade it to IOS 5 to see if it can still be jail-broken. It can't. Now I can't restore my phone, AND I can't bring it back to 4.3.2! Whenever I do, the software I'm supposed to use, Fix-Restore, it doesn't load correctly.
Can someone help me! And PLEASE DON'T BE TROLLING LIKE THE PEOPLE DID ON MY BLOG!! ):<

Hero of…. #s, I guess
If I were you, I wouldn't bother with downgrading. I would just wait until the inevitable iOS 5 jailbreak comes, which shouldn't be too terribly long.

If the jailbreak is essential to standard use of your iPhone (which I can't imagine being true), then I'm afraid I can't help you. But for future reference, you should probably note that updating your iPhone will ALWAYS undo your jailbreak, so if you are determined to keep it, you should keep watch and wait for the newest OS to be jailbroken before upgrading.

Oh, and if you just want to restore your iPhone, turn it off, hold the home button, and hold it down as you plug it into iTunes, continuing to hold it until iTunes tells you your iPhone is being restored. Note that this will be a hard restore and will delete all your memory. Also, iTunes will almost certainly restore it to a factory default iPhone running iOS 5.

If you have operation of your phone and need a more recent backup from which to restore your phone after doing the hard restore, use iCloud to backup your phone.

hylianbeast

Sage of Destiny
If I were you, I wouldn't bother with downgrading. I would just wait until the inevitable iOS 5 jailbreak comes, which shouldn't be too terribly long.

If the jailbreak is essential to standard use of your iPhone (which I can't imagine being true), then I'm afraid I can't help you. But for future reference, you should probably note that updating your iPhone will ALWAYS undo your jailbreak, so if you are determined to keep it, you should keep watch and wait for the newest OS to be jailbroken before upgrading.

Oh, and if you just want to restore your iPhone, turn it off, hold the home button, and hold it down as you plug it into iTunes, continuing to hold it until iTunes tells you your iPhone is being restored. Note that this will be a hard restore and will delete all your memory. Also, iTunes will almost certainly restore it to a factory default iPhone running iOS 5.

If you have operation of your phone and need a more recent backup from which to restore your phone after doing the hard restore, use iCloud to backup your phone.
Yeah. I'll just have to wait for Cydia to do their things. Thanks anyway. It's not tha I hate IOS 5, It's that I'd rather have it be jail=broken. Oh well. I dont' think it will take too long though. Maybe a month or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom