• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Invisible Mode On or Off?

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
[DISCLAIMER: If this belongs anywhere else, like in a different section, please move it! Thanks!]

Hey guys,

For those of you who are new to the forums or simply don't know, Invisible Mode gives you the ability to browse the forums without appearing on the "Currently Active Users" list.

So, do you use Invisible Mode or not? I use Invisible Mode, but I don't really have a reason why. Invisible Mode's just, fun to use I guess. Most of the people I talk to on here use Invisible Mode as well. ^^

So, give a reason below on whether or not you use Invisible Mode.

:yes:
~ZH

Last edited:
Invisible mode is for paranoid people and they can go die in a hole. Like, seriously... It is really annoying. I have some peeps on here that stay in invisible mode, and they go inactive. Not all members on this site make posts frequently, so if they're just lurking, how would I know if they are even inactive?!

What is the point of invisible mode anyways? Site staff can still see if you're online, so you're not really keeping yourself from getting stalked--if that's your excuse. ¬_¬ If you don't want people to know you're online, then stay offline. I can always tell when people are in invisible mode versus not being such--though I can't tell if they're actually online, but it's just plain dumb.

Therefore, I am awesome and don't care if people stalk me or not. It's the internet--if you are dumb enough to use it, plan to be stalked!

/rant

EDIT: And to whomever accused me of insulting people rather than giving my opinion, I was not insulting people. I was insulting the invisible option because it is just stupid and pointless. And that is my opinion. I am allowed to have an opinion and so are you, so... if you want to derep me for having an opinion different than yours, go right on ahead. I do not need hearts to tell me how important I am.

Last edited:

Big Octo

=^)
Uhh... Mandy explained it well . . . but not the way I would. Still, I'm not a big fan of Invisible Mode. It irritates me. Not as much as it does to Mandy, though.

Well, I've been in Invisible Mode for quite sometime. Though, I have no particular reason for doing so... I guess I just like being invisible, and it's not because of stalkers or anything like that, because that stuff has never crossed my mind. I'm invisible on other forums as well.

My rep is invisible, because I generally despise the rep system. To me, it's just a big popularity contest, and can be easily abused. I think it has the potential to make the new guys feel inferior. I wish I could have mine completely disabled. But let's just save rep for another thread...:yes:

...and wow, Mandy. I'm glad you feel that way... :huh:

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I'm more of between. Invisi On because of I love being here^^ I think this site has been getting cool and cooler^^ Invisi Off is because I have to leave home for a while. If I go to places with Wi-Fi, I'll be on^^ There's my reason^^

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
Oooh... that's why I never see a green light next to some people's names. :facepalm:

I once turned invisible on just to see what happens and there was a yellow light next to my username so I assumed that light would be visible to everyone. I didn't have any reason to be invisibe and still don't. I would hide my reputation but I have a lot and that makes me feel special.

Oooh... that's why I never see a green light next to some people's names. :facepalm:

I once turned invisible on just to see what happens and there was a yellow light next to my username so I assumed that light would be visible to everyone. I didn't have any reason to be invisibe and still don't. I would hide my reputation but I have a lot and that makes me feel special.

See? Popularity contest! :mad: That's precisely what I was talking about! JK :P

Anyway...I have SEVEN hearts. ujelly? :right:

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Invisible mode is for paranoid people and they can go die in a hole. Like, seriously... It is really annoying. I have some peeps on here that stay in invisible mode, and they go inactive. Not all members on this site make posts frequently, so if they're just lurking, how would I know if they are even inactive?!

What is the point of invisible mode anyways? Site staff can still see if you're online, so you're not really keeping yourself from getting stalked--if that's your excuse. ¬_¬ If you don't want people to know you're online, then stay offline. I can always tell when people are in invisible mode versus not being such--though I can't tell if they're actually online, but it's just plain dumb.

Therefore, I am awesome and don't care if people stalk me or not. It's the internet--if you are dumb enough to use it, plan to be stalked!

/rant

I see one of my smiley creations have been used by Mandy. But do remember, I still own it. Though the Shoutbox has disappeared forever, I am still "Smiley uniqueness." (^・ω・^=)~

I'm always in Invisible mode. I rather be in a lurkish state. ∑(^・▽・^=)~ Wise people find wise men.
Mods will always see everyone anyway So I hide from the normal people and....certain people.

(´o・┏ω┓・o`)
Catfucious say: To hide in a forest, become a tree |・ω・`)
To Hide in the watah, turn into a drop of water. ( ´_ゝ`)
To Hide behind Ganondorf, go behind his cape and lure him away with a Fishing Rod. (ω・ミэ )Э

Oh and Ganonbear says Hi ( ;-(エ)-)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I hate invisible mode. More often than not, invisi makes people inactive, which makes the boards so boring to come to at times. I realize people have lives outside of ZD, but I don't (until Monday, school)! :(
/crybaby

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
About "Invisible Mode", I only use that on Xbox Live or Skype when I don't want people inviting me to parties or Skype calling me. On ZD, it doesn't really make a lot of sense. Why wouldn't you want people knowing you're online? I agree with Vanitas that it basically just makes the whole forum seem more inactive and therefore… boring. This gives us those slow days, and (by extent) a loss of members. And if we start losing members, that means less and less members will join! And if this continues, the entire forum and maybe even the site itself will explode!!!! And the only way a website exploding would be possible (seeing how websites are not physical objects) would be of the site's base (AKA Mases' house) were to explode. This would result in a complete destruction in our webmaster's place of residence, and/or the webmaster himself. Ergo, it would not be possible to resurrect the site.
So, what I'm trying to get here is that if you use invisible mode, the entire site would be permanently dead. You know, probably.
/worst-case scenario

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Nope, I don't use the invisible mode. I don't think I used it ever before and am not planning to use it. Mwah I don't really mind when people use it. But some people use it to avoid other people. I think this doesn't really make sense because when you post while being invisible the other person still know you are there. And why hiding? If I would have a problem with someone I wouldn't turn invisible. I would simply ignore the other person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom