• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Inverted Controls or Not?

Kuddlesnot

100% Video Creator
Personally, when I aim up means up. think about it, when you're aiming in real life, you move up, and you shoot up. But in flight, its a complete different thing. So in Star Fox and flight simulators and such, I use inverted controls. besides that, I dont see the point.

My thoughts exactly. In any case, I think it is important to note that no professional gamers use inverted controls for aiming, EVER (don't have a source atm, I'll try to track it down.) Say what you will about professional gaming, but they money, so there is that. The only inverted controls used seem to be for like Ace Combat competitions, but again that flying.

Extrapolating from that, IMHO, and no offense meant, is that extra step of your brain needing to make the distinction of "up is down" and "down is up" while processing downstream is enough to make a difference on a professional level. That being said, i think it is pretty obvious that this would not affect the normal gamer in any significant way.

I don't think one is actually easier than the other, I think it's just completely what you are used to.
If you are used to playing games with inverted controls, you will adapt to this and this will then seem easier to you.
I, however, am used to the "normal" controls and therefore find inverted controls difficult for at least the first two minutes of a game.

I personally prefer inverted, for some reason. It might be because I sort of think of looking up as leaning back (toggle stick down), and vice versa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom