• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Inti Creates CEO Takuya Aizu Wants To Develop A Remake Of Zelda II

Really though, if any Zelda game deserves a remake, Zelda II deserves it the most. Won't expect anything until there's actual confirmation, but it'd be a good move to remake, in my opinion. Zelda II attempted game mechanics that were pretty new and unpolished, kind of a before its time sort of deal, so it'd be interesting to see how they translate over.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
So do I but I don't see anyone making forum posts about it.

Seriously though what would be the point of remaking either of the first two games? They're... kinda as is, warts and all. I don't think you could really "update" them for modern gaming or today's gamers without drastically changing the remake from the original source until it's practically a whole other game.

Zelda and Zelda II are a bit too... archaic, to translate well into a modern game. I mean, at best a remake would make for a decent iOS game even with updated graphics and presentation and modern features, expanded story, etc. But a full fledged release even for the DS would be kinda beside the point.

Better to make modern updates of the Oracle games or Link's Awakening to up the presentation. That would make for a perfect 3DS or e-shop release. Those whole games would translate well into modern games just with improved presentation. Imagine Link's Awakening, for instance, same as it was but with Four Swords Adventures graphics.

At the very least a simple graphical mod would be enough to remake Zelda II.

I’m definitely for this. Zelda II was the first Zelda game I ever played back when it first released. At the time, as a kid, I liked it. But as the years passed for me it’s not aged well.

I think changing it to 3D would help, keep the story intact but add elements to it that connects it to previous games. Example being The Master Sword.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom