• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Interesting Things to Note in the Skyward Sword Opening Video

Faedeur

The Juror of Courage
I am going to try to remain as unbiased as I can for this.

Here is the link to the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=0lek_m_9_x8

Now, let us begin.

0:38
"They mounted a brutal assault upon the surface people, driving the land into dispair..."
I find this interesting as it could mean there are games prior to Skyward Sword. I am not saying anything here nor there, though a lot of people have felt that The Minish Cap is towards the beginning of the Zelda timeline.

0:45
"They burnt forests to ash, choked the land's sweet springs, and murdered without hesitation."
Looking at this, it signifies a great change in geography. Possibly enough to change the geography from TMC Hyrule to OOT/TP Hyrule, for those with the above belief.

1:08
"They did all this in their lust to take the ultimate power protected by Her Grace, the goddess."
So we see we have a goddess of sorts. Her name is unknown, but she seems greatly revered.

1:28
"Handed down by gods of old, this power gave its holder the means to make any desire a reality."
Here we see 2 things.
1. The power she had was quite obviously the Triforce.
2. She is a separate entity from the goddesses Din, Farore, and Nayru. This defeats the earlier rumor that she was all three of the goddesses in one.

1:35
"Such was the might of the ultimate power that the old ones placed it in the care of the goddess."
By this, it can easily be assumed that the goddesses passed the Triforce unto the goddess for safe keeping. It is possible that she was the first to own the Triforce.

1:44-1:58
"To prevent this great power from falling into the hands of the evil swarming the lands... The goddess gathered the surviving humans on an outcropping of earth. She sent it skyward, beyond the reach of the demonic hordes. Beyond even the clouds."
This is quite possibly done through the power of the Triforce. A wish to keep mankind safe.

2:12-2:20
"With the humans safe, the goddess joined forces with the land dwellers and fought the evil forces, sealing them away. At last, peace was restored to the surface."
Where the evil forces were sealed away will likely be explained throughout SS. With peace after their sealing, it is possible she used the Triforce again to restore the world.

Bearing all these in mind, we can see that some earlier rumors (such as the goddess being Din, Farore and Nayru) are debunked, and we also can see that there is a strong possibility for games prior to SS. We also learn that the goddess was one of the earliest beings known to possess the Triforce.

But who was the goddess? And where did she come from? Was she an associate of the three goddesses? Or was she a creation of theirs?

What do you all think?

Last edited:

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
the godess's name is confirmed as Hylia. but besides what you said thats all i know.

Also, the wish to keep mankind safe being the reason for skyloft makes alot of sense, i just dont think it would make much sense to put TMC before this because in TMC there is already a way to get above the clouds which you use without much difficulty. unless that is these evil forces destroyed it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom