• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Interesting Picture I Found

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
Okay, so I was looking at ZD's facebook page when I saw this picture someone posted. Check it out.

This actually kind of got me thinking. Is it? I don't think it is, but what do you think? I don't think it is because the Sacred Realm was a completely different dimension (of sorts) than Skyloft, but tell me what you think.

P.S.: I'm not sure if this is supposed to go into Zelda Theory or not, so if a moderator thinks it should be moved, then go ahead.

GoldenGengle64

A v ^ A v ^
Hmmm... well Skyward Sword was partially designed to celebrate 25 years of Zelda. The pictures are just so similar (and popular), so, regardless of whether they may or may not be the same place, I believe the design was intentional. I can definitely see Nintendo doing this on purpose (to give us Zelda fans something to debate and theorize) :D

Lord_Cathaseigh

Like a sir.
Woah 0.0 I think that was DEFINITELY intentional! It justs fits so perfectly! If you think about, the sacred realm wouldn't have existed for very long (in the zelda universe). I mean, there's the period between Ss and Lttp, but the triforce was kept in Skyloft. Seeing as that's the earliest known domain of the Triforce, it wouldn't be a stretch to say that the sages modeled the SR after it.

Danigo92498

Someone You Met Online
I haven't played A Link to the Past but I think they wanted to do more with that piece of artwork for the game and used it as a reference for Skyloft.

LanceLercher

The White Knight Alien
Well, they say that the sacred realm almost mirrors Hyrule, so I would think that the picture of A Link to the Past, is just the Skyloft part of the Sacred Realm.

Can you repost that picture here, for those of us who don't have a facebook account?

I don't believe you need an account to view it but here you go:

555187_387991267918742_100001236158538_1136900_307705862_n.jpg

Aqui esta:

555187_387991267918742_100001236158538_1136900_307705862_n.jpg

An interesting pic indeed. However, we can't be 100% certain that the Sacred Realm (as depicted in the artwork) is Skyloft. It is probable that, though, in regards to the order the games came out, that Skyloft was modeled after the Sacred Realm (featured in the image above), as Skyloft is the original resting place of the Triforce. What's peculiar is that the eerie, blue atmosphere in the picture greatly resembles the Silent Realm (the specific location of the Triforce in SS), which has been theorized to be the Sacred Realm. Heh, gotta love Nintendo...

Damnit, ALIT, you beat me to it...

Lord_Cathaseigh

Like a sir.
How could I forgot about the sacred realm mirroring Hyrule? That's another point in favor of silent realm becoming the sacred realm! What I'm wondering, is if they would return the triforce to Skyloft in the SR, or would they just put it in the Temple of Light? And if they did put in the in skyloft, how would Ganondorf get there? The only thing I can think of is that the sages made a bridge of some sort in case they needed to get to it...

bs8814

The Gamer
Nah, the Sacred Realm is a different realm, hence the name. So Skyloft can't be the Sacred Realm because Skyloft is on Earth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom