• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Interesting Idea I Had for Next Smash Bros...

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
The idea I had was that when you get a smash ball, you can do a different smash move depending on which form of B you use. You know, just B, ->B, etc. For example with Ike, you can do the Great Aether for ^B, a firey dash for ->B, a large explosion when Ike drives his sword into the ground for just B, and a stronger counter for vB. What do you think? Is this a good idea or not?

The reason I don't believe this is a good idea is because it will make the game less of a match of skills than a frantic dash for the players to rush for the smash ball and execute their favorite or most powerful Final Smash. Personally, I'd like for the developers to return to the Melee days when there were no final smashes and players relied on standard "A" and "B" attacks to secure victory. This made for longer matches to be sure but they were also way more satisfying.

Last edited:

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I think what you are implying is a bit of an overkill, as the idea behind a final smash is this ultimate strong move, and if there are 4 of them, it kind of defeats the purpose. By no means should the final smash go away though; it was a perfect addition to Brawl and should continue in all future Super Smash Bros. games. If one does not like them, they can simply switch it off.

Last edited:
Coming from a guy who plays by button mashing i like this idea as every now and again i would pull of a awesome move, but it wouldn't get repetitive ^_^

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
That sounds like a great idea, but Final Smashes need to be rarer. They should only happen hardly ever, so that the matches do not go by way too fast.

Azkadilia

Transparent Perfection
Good idea but it will be too much trouble to use and remember which ones are the right combo. I hate the smash ball cuz i usually run around like i have ants in my pants trying to escape the entire thing.

I rather like having a super special move with the smash ball. It would be cool if there were different, perhaps even dynamic power ups

That sounds like a great idea, but Final Smashes need to be rarer. They should only happen hardly ever, so that the matches do not go by way too fast.

Actually, Super Smash Bros. Brawl gives you the option to toggle the frequency at which items appear, and this includes Smash Balls. That being said, it can be assumed that the next game will feature the same [if not a similar] mechanic. The Smash Bros. series is well-known for its many options.

Regarding the topic at hand: I personally don't like the idea of having a multitude of Final Smashes attached to the B-button [plus directional]; instead, I'd like to see Final Smashes that can be performed in tandem with another player. The possibilities are endless.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Why do so many people here fail to realise your can turn smash balls off along with any other items. I (along with many other people) wouldn't play nearly as much if items couldn't be turned off. What the next game needs is more variety to the selection of how common items are. Instead of just NONE, LOW, MED and HIGH, have NONE, VERY LOW, LOW, MED, HIGH and VERY HIGH, like SSB64 and Melee did. This changes Smash Ball use, as well, mind you. Nobody would want a Smash Ball every 30 seconds, but having one every 3 minutes is more reasonable.

I wouldn't be a fan of several final smashes per character, it's exciting enough one its own. If every character had 4 final smashes, most of them would feel forced into the game and be too similar to others.

Kuddlesnot

100% Video Creator
I agree with the many comments saying that this would be a waste, and I agree.

There is a element of Game Theory called "Dominance" or "Dominant Strategy." Meaning that if that if the player is provided with an "ultimate method" that is able to dispose of opponents no matter their behavior, then the player is ALWAYS GOING TO USE IT. We have already seen this with Smash Balls. So adding different "final smashes" won't ever really change a thing, because one of the 4 possible moves would inevitably be discovered as that "ultimate strategy" and most players would almost never use the other ones (except for the occasional "oohh that's cool" factor.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom