• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What kind of campaign?

• Hero(Good Characters)

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Villain(Evil Character)

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
This is an interesting gathering thread, and possibly a sign up thread, to see if players want to play a 5th edition D&D campaign through posts here on the forums. If I do have enough people interested then I would love to turn this into a proper sign up with character creation!

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
here we are again, eh?

I'll need more info about what is allowed and what is not before i say yay or nay

Last edited:

Libk

here we are again, eh?

I'll need more info about what is allowed and what is not before i say yay or nay
You know how I am. I'm pretty lenient on things and willing to work with players to bring a vision together.

Libk

Which one are you planning on doing so I can do some research?
How do you mean "which one"? If you mean edition, I'd be running 5th edition D&D. If you mean what campaign, that's undecided/possibly an original setting and story.

Libk

Yeah, I meant campaign. Sry for being dumb regarding terms and, generally everything.
All good, I'm working on my thoughts for that at the moment and for now, if you're interested I would think of character ideas. I'm willing to make most any character work in most any setting.

Libk

Alright since we seem to have enough interest(at the time of posting this the poll has 3 votes in it) I am going to move forward with this. I am going to try and keep die rolling from being intrusive, and I'm going to take this moment to ask how we want to go about it. I am searching for an online die roller that allows players to post a link to their roll to prove what the roll was. The big question is, do players want to handle their own rolls, or do players want me to handle rolls and describe how your character succeeds or fails? Either way, I will be making some things public knowledge that would normally be hidden in over the table games so that players can roll and describe what happens in the same post. Examples would be armor class, Skill saves DCs, and other DCs that seem fitting to share. In RP sections of the game, I will let you describe what you are doing and choose a skill to roll, if you're trying to use a skill. I want to ask you to make a skill check rarely so we don't have to drop narrative for a post with die rolls. Example, if your in a conversation with someone and you're trying to bribe them for information, go ahead and describe your actions and make the appropriate skill check. In my response post for the npc, you'll find out if you're successful. Sometimes this means you make rolls that don't mean anything or don't apply to the situation, but it will be better than
"I want to bribe him"
"OK roll"
"I got a 12 do I bribe him?"
"No continue the rp"

If you want me to roll for you, this process doesn't change much either. Instead of posting a roll result, just post the skill you want to use and if it uses a roll I'll post the result for you! I think this is the easiest way to streamline the rolling that comes up in D&D.

Now, on to Story info. You all live in the village of Holmfirth, a small fishing village that lies next to a river. The village is frequently the midway point between one of the larger villages to the south and a large town to the north, so trade happens often with visitors frequenting the streets daily. Something is wrong in this village recently, as the fish being brought in by the boats has been tainted. Occasionally a fish that is visibly diseased has been found with the rest of the catch, an anomaly as normally all of the fish have been quite healthy. The number of fish hasn't dropped, but on a recent outing one of these diseased fish attacked a fisherman as he was bringing in the nets, putting the fisherman under the care of the local cleric. None of their healing magic seems to be working on this fisherman, and the fish have been starting to act aggressively. The Mayor has called for those able to come investigate the recent aggression from the fish, and take care of the source of the issue. You have heard this call, either being a villager yourself or on your travels from somewhere else, and find yourself approaching the local inn and tavern.

Character creation rules

Level 1
Stats: array(15,14,13,12,10,8)
Race: any(though if any monstrous please talk with me about back story)
Use starting equipment, not starting wealth.
Strixhaven backgrounds are allowed as well.

Please post the following to sign up
Name:
Race:
Class:
Appearance:
Background:
Link to Character Sheet: (if you need help finding a place to keep your sheet I can help)
Do you want me to roll for you?:

Please make a character that would be motivated to work with a party to solve the problem presented to the party. I'm not going to stop players from splitting or making lone wolf characters, but it's on you to make them stay with the group. Going off alone could result in me asking you to make a new character either through death or other reasons. I'm going to post examples of how I expect game Play to work soon

Reactions: Pen

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Name: Arthur Faye
Race: Human
Class: Warlock
Appearance: Black Hair. Yellow Eyes. Semi- Muscular and dressed like a Rough and Tumble Type
Arthur.png
~
Background:
Arthur Faye was born in _____ the oldest of 3 children. His father was a “lamp salesman” by trade and his mother was very dear to him. On Arthur’s 16th birthday, the Draft was due, and Arthur was sent Abroad to fight in the War. In his Troop was the Neighbor kid (Jim), his school bully (Jariun), and the man who would become his Best Friend (Grok), their Commander, Sergeant George Michaels trained them in the art of war, and was like a father figure to him. Arthur and his battalion fought in many battles, winning some, losing some, and of the utmost battles, we set our scene

They attacked at dawn, Their horns blaring out as they ambushed the troop, who shot up dead to attention. Many men were lost, as was Arthur… almost. A Spirit of War called to him from the land of the Dead, willing him to live on and to fight. A sword laid at his feet. With the Spirit’s will, Arthur won the day, the lone survivor of his troop, not soon after, the wage of war caught up to him, and he was sent back home. Arthur struggled to find work, until a Shipping Company sent him to check on a cache said to be in Holmfirth
~~
Link to Character Sheet: Arthur Faye's Character Sheet - D&D Beyond (dndbeyond.com)
Do you want me to roll for you?: I can roll for myself. Ill make or join a D&D Beyond campaign so you can see my rolls

Last edited:

Pen

The game is on!
Name: Akala Maka
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Monk
Appearance: Silver white bob haircut, and pink fiery eyes (unnatural due to her time in the Feywilds). She is pretty small, and tends to dress mostly in white.
Akala Hong.png
Background: Feylost. For as long as Akala can remember, she has lived with the feys and other mythical creatures in the Feywild. The woman who raised her was a lonely fey who kept mostly to herself, and she never told Akala about how she ended up in the Feywild. It was this adoptive mother of hers who gave Akala her name. As a little child she didn't mind not knowing where she came from and how she ended up here, but as time passed she started to realise how different she was from those who were native to the Feywild. The years went on, and despite her many good connections in her Feywild home, Akala's desire to figure out her origins grew stronger each day. One day when she was twelve, she ran away from home after an argument with her mother. She ran far away, and eventually ended up at a shrine where she was taken in and taken care of by the monks who lived and worked there. Lost and sad, she was swept up in the monk lifestyle. Though she was rebellious and often rubbed her elders the wrong way, she did stick around, and she was disciplined enough to learn their ways. After four years at the shrine, she deemed herself ready to begin the journey to find herself. After several months of searching for and exploring mythical locations and phenomena around the Feywild, she eventually found her way to a different plane full of new impressions. She soon reached a large town, called Sherfield, where she settled down for a while. She needed some time to get used to everything that was different here. While she lived and worked among the people of Sherfield, she started realising how similar she was to them. While she was overjoyed to have discovered the world she originated from, she was also saddened to realise that no one knew who she was, so there was no way she would be able to locate her exact origin. Some days she would be content leading her new life where she was, other days she would long for her mother and the Feywild as a whole, and there were also days when she wouldn't give a damn either way as long as the nature around her was thriving and flourishing. As she was going through this difficult phase, one of her pixie friends from the Feywild visited her in her dreams one night, urging her to travel to the village south of here to deal with a terrible disaster. Suspecting it was something that threatened both of her realities, she made haste toward Holmfirth!
Link to Character Sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2703452
Do you want me to roll for you?: I'm cool with you rolling for me. Alternatively, maybe we could use a dice bot on a Discord server to roll. That way you could see the rolls easily. Just an idea.

Last edited:
Name: Kiitani Sharpeye

Race: Woodelf

Class: Ranger

Appearance: Similar to BotW Link, light brown hair, green eyes

Background: Kiitany was born and raised in Holmfirth. People have claimed as far back as he could recall that he was blessed by Mielikki Goddes of the forest. By age 8 Kiitani was quite skilled with the bow. At age 21 he opened his own stall to sell his goods.

Link to Character Sheet: https://www.dndbeyond.com/characters/84739434

Do you want me to roll for you? Plz, unless you like the idea given by Pen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom