• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Interactive map question

Does the map save changes your make to it? I'm about to start a new run through the game because I never beat it. I wanna use the map to make keeping track of things easier but since you don't login to the map I assume it uses cookies to save progress.

The problem is cookies can get cleared, sometimes by accident. Of course if it saves everything via cookies then I'll be super careful and run the map in a virtual machine that I can just save and load as I please and not have to ever worry about it.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Yes it uses cookies as far as I know. I was able to use it a few times when I searched for something I missed. The next times I went to the map it saved my latest changes. Clear the cookies and yep...reset all the way

thats what i thought, im just paranoid about losing my cookies lol. I bought an android app that has the map and info but my tablet died (of course) and using a phone would be a pain...so i tried an emulator to run the app on my surface pro and it worked until it didnt lol.

Id love that app ported to a windows store app. Id pay $5 for that. I can dream lol... my solution for now is a clean install of firefox thats setup to never erase cookies.

thats what i thought, im just paranoid about losing my cookies lol. I bought an android app that has the map and info but my tablet died (of course) and using a phone would be a pain...so i tried an emulator to run the app on my surface pro and it worked until it didnt lol.

Id love that app ported to a windows store app. Id pay $5 for that. I can dream lol... my solution for now is a clean install of firefox thats setup to never erase cookies.

Yea I've installed Firefox just for the map and I grabbed an extension to backup and restore cookies just in case. I also whitelisted the site for cookies.

The only reason I'm concerned is because instead of adblock browser extensions I use a program called adguard which is essentially adblock but for your entire PC (or phone) and it works much better than extensions plus it works on apps... the only issue is it can sometimes delete or block cookies.

I have an app on my phone that is basically everything on the site..it has the map and game guide and all the item info etc but my tablet decided to die right before I got the app and I've tried multiple Android emulators but they all seem to be absolutely garbage. I should buy a Chromebook.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom