• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Interactive map of BOTW : Show checked objectives directly on map ?

Hi,

I don't really know if it is the right place to write my request, however I didn't find a section which should be relative to the main website.

Someone here created an interactive map that I discovered recently (https://www.zeldadungeon.net/breath-of-the-wild-interactive-map/). This is a very nice and usefull project and I thanks its creator for all the work he did here for free. It's very helpfull for me to find Korogu.
However I find it a pity to be able to mark a point (like a Korogu) as "checked" on the modal you can open by clicking on this last one, but having no visible changment on the map directly.

What I mean here is that, if you click on a Korogu icon on the map to open its modal, and then you click on the "Mark completed" button, the Korogu's nut icon on the map stay yellow. It should be great to change the color (or add a little marker) in order to see your progression on the map. Because here the functionnality is not very usefull : There's 900 Korogus so if you need to check them all every time you open the map to know which Korogus you already did or not, there's not practical...

If it's React, I can do it myself, you just need to add a class or change the output image to the point when it is marked as completed.
But the map isn't open-source I presume :p

Do you know it possible to improve this functionnality ? :)

Thank you in advance !

Hi Noxon,

I just saw your post. When you go to the interactive map, follow these steps:
  1. Click something you have collected.
  2. Click the checkmark to show you have completed collecting that item or task. The checkmark should change to an undo button.
  3. On the upper-left part of the screen there is a search icon, gear icon, and zoom buttons. Click the gear icon to bring up the settings menu.
  4. Toggle the "Completed" setting from "Show Completed" to "Hide Completed" and the item or task you marked as completed should disappear. This is also helpful when you have multiple items such as treasure chests stacked on top of each other and you want to make them disappear so you can see what else is at a location.
  5. Depending on if you are in Master Mode or not and if you have DLC content or not consider toggling the Master Mode and DLC setting from Show to Hide.
  6. If you want to reset ALL items or tasks that you had marked as completed to incomplete then click the "Clear completion data" button.
Let me know if you have any other questions.

-Tommy

Quick question; I have 898 seeds & the last 2 are making me cross sighted trying to find them. If I hide all 898, will the two unfounded ones appear on the map? I know this will be a huge job & don't want to take this approach in vain if my logic is flawed

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Quick question; I have 898 seeds & the last 2 are making me cross sighted trying to find them. If I hide all 898, will the two unfounded ones appear on the map? I know this will be a huge job & don't want to take this approach in vain if my logic is flawed
I forwarded this to a member of the site staff (@Locke) and they got back to me saying "yeah they can compare their ingame map and mark all the ones they have completed, and hide completed markers, and the last two will remain visible" - hopefully that helps

Helps? It is exactly the responce I had hoped to receive. You are my hero for taking the time to help another member & am highly appreciated for myself, if not for all. Thank you for taking the time to help another!
Firewire

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom