• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Interacial Marriages Bad or Good

Well I am wondering on what you guys think about interacial marriages.

I do not care about the interacial marriage or dating but I do think it is weird when I see a black man and a white girl together. It doesn't bother me as bad when its a white man and black girl but my brothers and family are so racist and judgmental toward it.

When a Mexican and white person get together its fine to my family. It's only nasty if a white and black person get together. I was wondering what all of you thought on this topic.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I've noticed people do seem to have better relationships of someone their own race but me personally I don't care either it's fine on my standards and we to diminish controversies of the past.

Nicole

luke is my wife
It should not matter to anyone if people of two different races fall in love or go out together. An African American dating a white person should be no different than two white people dating, or two African Americans. Or two Asians, or two Hispanics.

Anyone who tells you that an interacial marriage is "bad" is awfully racist and needs to get their nose of out other people's business. If you fall in love with someone of another race, who cares? It shouldn't matter that the color of your skin is different. The problem with the world today is that some select people are too judgemental. I firmly believe it is necessary to be more open-minded. Racism gets us nowhere.

Link1017 said:
but my brothers and family are so racist and judgmental toward it.
The only thing I can say to this is to try to explain equality to your family. They can believe what they choose. However, you don't have to believe what others believe. You can believe something different from your family, and I hope you stay open-minded.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I don't see a single problem with any interracial marriage. Same with same sex marriage. Everyone has the right to marry whoever they wish, as long as both are consenting parties.

If two caucasian people wish to be married, so be it. If a caucasian and an asian person wish to marry one another, that's fine too.

Interracial marriage is perfectly fine. I don't see why people have such a problem with it. There are no moral or legal restrictions (except in corrupt regimes) to it either. People just need to get rid of their racism and move on. Accept people as who they are. Not what you are told they are.

Oh well I'm always gonna stay open minded lol I'm the most misunderstood person in my entire family and that includes my extended family to. My uncle don't like me cause I'm to open minded and I speak my mind whenever and I give.my honest opinion. I don't care if people date interacial or.not they aren't bothering me lol.

I feel its actually a good thing.

Its a way of two people with different beliefs getting on and understanding each other.
I go with a person of a different religion and we get on really well.

Everyone has a right to be with who they want.
As long as the two people who are together are happy thats what matters.

I know someone who is going with a Japanese girl and they get a hard time.
Once in a while people say, back to your own country only go with people of your own nationality.

This is such a sad attitude.

Nicole

luke is my wife
Link1017 said:
Oh well I'm always gonna stay open minded lol I'm the most misunderstood person in my entire family and that includes my extended family to. My uncle don't like me cause I'm to open minded and I speak my mind whenever and I give.my honest opinion. I don't care if people date interacial or.not they aren't bothering me lol.
That's good to hear. It upsets me how closed-minded some people are. Why not just accept others for who they are? It is good to voice your opinion, even if no one agrees with it. As the saying goes, "Wrong is still wrong even if everyone's doing it. Right is still right even if no one's doing it."

I believe the solution to most of the problems in the world is to simply not worry sbout how other people look, or how they speak, or where they live, etc. The only way to advocate peace is to be peaceful yourself. That includes not judging others. However, this is a rant for another thread. :P

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
I think that any qualms people have against interracial marriages or relationships is rather silly and grounded in really unfortunate racism. I've noticed that most people who have problems with interracial couples don't necessarily oppose it because it is interracial persay, but more because they are biased towards one of the races involved. Take the OP for example (and I'm not picking on you in any way Link1017), you specifically mention relationships between a Caucasian and a African American or Mexican. I notice that these interracial couples are the ones most people find any issues with. If you were to ask most people what they thought about relationships between a Caucasian and an Asian instead, I'm willing to bet there would be a lot fewer people who felt uncomfortable about it.

Couples composing two individuals of the same race tend to be more common, but that's mostly due to a cultural connection between the two individuals I think. I've rarely encountered people who opposed interracial couples of any kind, and of all the people I've seen who have issues with it, it was due to pure racism, which is really the core of the problem. It really saddens me that racism still persists like this, or any other bias that prevents couples from enjoying a life without being judged, but that's a broader topic all together.

I suppose I should answer the original question of whether interracial marriages (or couples as that's more general) are good or bad. I think they are wonderful. I'm Chinese, my bf is Caucasian, I know several other people who are part of interracial relationships as well. Diversity is a wonderful thing, truly.

In a way it would be boring if people where all the same colour, same religion, beliefs.

Its great there are so many different nationalities, different colours of people, different ways of life.
I embrace it and welcome it.
I really think people when they see two people who go with each other are different colours it scares them.

Its great to see people who are very different going with each other.

The person i go with is much older than me and a different religion.
People said it will not last, you are both very different from each other.

Well it has lasted.

Yes its sad that racism is still around its our ancestors fault that the African Americans ate here so now a days people shouldn't care.
I don't feel picked on lol I never do. I think that everyone should speak out and say what they think it would lower a lot of problems around the world but no people are so full of lies and hatred. At my school me and some of my friends have actually made a day once a year to tell the truth between each other and what we think. Yes this can cause arguing but there are no lies between us and especially me."Secrets don't make friends" lol.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
It amazes me how some people think this is just wrong. We're all people, aren't we? It's not like someone's trying to marry a dog, or something. It is kind of odd to see sometimes, as it's not exactly common, but there's definately nothing wrong with it.

Hero of…. #s, I guess
Any relationship of any kind is ethical so long as maturity and consent are present. So if both parties are mature and give consent, it's by default ethical.

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
I don't care, I think it's cool. My friends is dating an African dude and no one cares Lol. Pretty much everyone knows I like Asians guys. Interracial is totally fine with me. Not nasty at all.

AllieHaxorNova

New Kid, Freedom Pal. former Coon & Friend.
I think it's a good thing. I mean the skin color doesn't matter at all. Its all on how much the two people love each other. And hey who cares what the kids will look like. In the end they will turn out to be beautiful. So I really don't care.

The difference among the many groups of Caucasians are greater than the difference betweens Caucasians and Blacks in general as one example. In other words their are more differences within the single race then there are between two different races, if that makes sense.
If someone believes interracial marriages are wrong, they are stupid. It really is that simple. In fact genetic diversity is lower in human's then most other animals. Once you get past your immediate family the differences between you and everyone else are negligible. Race will always be an issue as long as stupid ignorant people live on this Earth. Hopefully though it can continue it's trend of being less of one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom