• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Instrument in Skyward Sword

What do you think the instrument will be?

• Ocarina

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wind Waker

• Flute

• Pan Pipe

• New!

• Total voters

McBlizzy

Happy Mask Salesgirl
We know in the past the Ocarina has been a frequently used instrument in the Zelda series.

There's also been a Flute, Wind Waker and a Panpipe (If I'm missing some other instruments tell me)

What are the chances of Link playing an instrument in Skyward Sword?

There was no instrument in the Twilight Princess, one of the newer Zelda games which worries me that there will be no instrument in Skyward Sword...

C'mon, we all loved the Ocarina Songs! Why stop?

Or maybe there will be a new instrument? What do you fans think?

McBlizzy

Happy Mask Salesgirl
TP had the horse call, OoX had the Harp of Ages, Recorder in LoZ, Grass in TP, and MM had the OoT turn into a guitar and a drum set.

I don't really see how the Horse Call and Grass are instruments, you can only call animals on them and not play any actual songs...

It would be cool if a Harp came back, I wonder how it would fit in with the new Wii Motion Plus style of playing...

Since Skyward Sword is being released after Twilight Princess I'm really worried there isn't going to be any instruments... :(

McBlizzy

Happy Mask Salesgirl
But SS seems like a cross between ST and WW. And god did I hate the Pan Pipe in ST!

Do you consider a Dog Whistle an instrument? I'm sorry still, Horse Call and Grass only do one thing, make one sound to call one thing... I really don't consider them instruments ^^'

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
They should bring some sort of horn.. No like a saxphone or anything but somthing deep and brassy would be awsome~!

Whistles are not instruments, following this logic. I agree with McBlizzy.
But I REAllY hope they bring back instruments.... especially with the WMP. They could do some really neat things there.

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
Honestly...I would like to see Link play the violin. It's a beautiful instrument and I think it would match with a Zelda game very well.

That's a great idea. It would fit really really well. Expecially if someone gave it to you in the game.

Chelsie

tap the galaxy oh (◔ิз◔ิ♪
I would actually like Link playing the harmonica, it's such a cool instrument :D

W

Wendygo

Though it might not be that practical, I'd like to see a flute. An actual flute. You know, long, you hold it to the side, blow into it and press the buttons. I adore the sound of a flute, and I think the soft fleeting notes would do well for a game so closely related to the sky.
I'll stop being a dork now. :)

Kybyrian

Actually, I don't really want to see an instrument in this Zelda. This may seem strange because all of the Zelda games with instruments in them were great, and everybody else wants instruments, but I just want a little something different. Something without an instrument. I don't know why, it just seems that I may enjoy it a bit more without the instrument. Maybe I just played too much Ocarina of Time and now got sick of instruments.

Zeanith

The Shadow Knight
That's a great idea. It would fit really really well. Expecially if someone gave it to you in the game.

Wouldn't it though? I mean, we could play it using the wii controller and nunchuck if we situated it properly...
It would fit in with the timeline and the feel of ANY Zelda game, really.
And the violin is kind of a darkly sad instrument, so it will definately fit in with the feel of the storyline, that is of course if the storyline is as dark as OoT, MM and TP.
(lol on a side note, this all comes from my Fierce Deity fan fiction, in which Oni-Link plays the violin. XP)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom