• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Insert Random Story Tidbit... NOW!

Kazumi

chagy
Sorry if there is already a thread about this, I didn't see one on the first page and this is extremely recent. From the Developer Round Table:

"6:45: How many people remember the scene where Link dives off the cliff in the trailer? That's a very important point for the storyline. This time around, Link is born and raised in a land called Sky Loft, a land floating above the clouds. It may sound unique for someone to live on a floating land, but Link finds it ordinary. A land beneath the clouds is discovered, it's ruled by evil forces, but Link is forced to go there. Link has to travel between the two lands in this adventure. The Skyward Sword is his driving force behind his traveling between lands. That mysterious figure in last year's art is the Skyward Sword. People suspected this to be the Master Sword…but spoiler alert, the Skyward Sword becomes the Master Sword. (laughs)."

IT TALKS ABOUT THE FAIRY GIRL READ IT. QUICK DO SOME SKETCHY AND COMPLETELY FRUITLESS SPECULATION ON IT.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/109/1098500p1.html

Interesting news. Never expected that one scene of Link diving off the cliff to be such a great event in the game. I'm interested in seeing how they make the mysterious girl the Skyward Sword, and how the Skyward Sword is made into the Master Sword.

Well, at least we get the origins of the Master Sword now C=

shan-tastic

nine thousand and one.
What a cool concept. I can't wait to see how this is going to play out in the actual game. =D

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Sky Loft? Cool! It's similar to the basic idea of the City in the Sky only expanded and made a lot more awesome! Who saw this coming? *raises hand*

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
The lights come up, and the session moves to Q&A.

Posted 6:59 PST
They run the trailer from this morning's presentation again. Wait--Link? In a Zelda game? I. am. shocked.

Posted 6:58 PST
He said the Wii MotionPlus will have a new pointing system that will make the Wii Remote be used like a three-dimensional mouse.

Posted 6:57 PST
He said the pointing item system from Twilight Princess could be cumbersome because people often couldn't find the cursor on screen.

Posted 6:55 PST
Miyamoto says the item selection process may be unfamiliar, but once players are used to it, it will feel comfortable.

Posted 6:54 PST
He said that Skyward Sword will make item management and changing clothes much easier and more streamlined.

He says the 3DS version will make this process much easier.

He apologizes for the long time it took to change out of iron boots going through the Water Temple.

Posted 6:53 PST
He asks how many people have played Ocarina of Time. ALL the hands go up.

Posted 6:52 PST
He said they also want to change the typical structure of Zelda games with Skyward Sword.

Posted 6:50 PST
Aonuma said the new, exaggerated art style helps in this process. "If we had kept the Twilight Princess art style, we'd be done already!"

Posted 6:49 PST
He said the Wii MotionPlus offers such precision that players have to pay close attention to the enemies. For instance, the demonstrator is fighting a scorpion, and must hit its claws at specific angles.

Posted 6:47 PST
Miyamoto said he's a big fan of Impressionist Art, so the new art style reflects that. He said Cezanne was a big influence.

Apparently Miyamoto was such a fan of the art style the approval process took one step.

He said when you play the game, the cloud banks are "very impactful" and they wanted to make the art style highlight them.

Posted 6:46 PST
The sky is also very important to the game, apparently.

The Skyward Sword will become the Master Sword, apparently.

It's the "master sword."

The sword possesses intelligence, and will assume the semi-human form in the teaser poster shown last year.

Nah, wasted an entire post on that stupid thread when I misread the info. Oh well, here you go fellas.

L

lemsklex

Finally something to do with story. That sounds awesome to me! Now there really is a lot more meaning to "Skyward Sword" as the title.

Okaaaaaay. You just ruined a major plot point for us Nintendo, thank you so much. I know you never really cared about story in the Zelda series anyway, because playing with quirky game play seems to be your one and only priority now, but that's really no reason to ruin it for your "fans". May as well tell us where the usual plot twist is going to be and what it is, among other things. I'm so happy now.

C

CDi-Fails

So basically the Skyward Sword is a connection between the Sky Loft and Hyrule, and the Goddesses bless it sometime around the end of the game and it becomes the Master Sword? DAMN

This is an awesome, awesome plot device. Maybe link will not be the courageous hero, he'll be someone who's lived unaware of all the evil for his whole life.

Very, very interesting new take on this.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
Okaaaaaay. You just ruined a major plot point for us Nintendo, thank you so much. I know you never really cared about story in the Zelda series anyway, because playing with quirky game play seems to be your one and only priority now, but that's really no reason to ruin it for your "fans". May as well tell us where the usual plot twist is going to be and what it is, among other things. I'm so happy now.

It was already a big rumor anyway, and if you read this post, I think you'll see why it wouldn't be that much of a spoiler to the game:

"6:45: How many people remember the scene where Link dives off the cliff in the trailer? That's a very important point for the storyline. This time around, Link is born and raised in a land called Sky Loft, a land floating above the clouds. It may sound unique for someone to live on a floating land, but Link finds it ordinary. A land beneath the clouds is discovered, it's ruled by evil forces, but Link is forced to go there. Link has to travel between the two lands in this adventure. The Skyward Sword is his driving force behind his traveling between lands. That mysterious figure in last year's art is the Skyward Sword. People suspected this to be the Master Sword…but spoiler alert, the Skyward Sword becomes the Master Sword. (laughs)."

I mean, her character design and the Master Sword's design look too similar to each other.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!

It was already a big rumor anyway, and if you read this post, I think you'll see why it wouldn't be that much of a spoiler to the game:

I mean, her character design and the Master Sword's design look too similar to each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom