• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Inflexus Timeline Theory

Inflexus

ZDG's Prophet
There has to be a timeline.Then again oot and mm are connected.

Yes, that's true. If MM is a chronological sequel than it violates the time paradox and the split timeline theory has failed.

My main concern is how you can think MM is merely loosely affiliated with OOT. Me being a believer of the split timeline, in the timeline where Link and Zelda are children and warn the king of Ganondorf's intentions, Navi leaves Link and he sets out to find her. This leads directly into the events of Majora's Mask.

Did it say in Majora's Mask that Link was looking for Navi? I thought he was looking for "an old friend" that people presumed to be Navi. I'd like to see some sources that confirm or deny this if it's possible.

And even if they didnt warn anyone about ganondorf, he still would going to find Navi.
The horse you can easly asume he got after he went back to being a kid, seeing as he now knew alot about Epona. ITs not like link forgot his escapade in the future when he went back to being a kid

Actually Zelda would have ran away from Ganondorf and wouldn't be at the castle, given the 7 year gap that is created when using the Temple of Time. This means that even if Link is conciously aware of what is going to happen, he warped back in a period where the doors to the Temple of Time should have been sealed and wouldn't have been able to even allow him through.

That kind of logical flaw indicates there is no grand timeline, rather some games with loose affiliations with others.

I'll create a graphic soon to help clarify my arguement on the timelines.

The game never said that ganondorf went in right after link, im sure gannondorf didnt know it was open for a good amount of time.
He could have gone in and take the triforce of power anytime during those 7 years.

here is you you can show it chronologicly

`````````` OoT
````````` /````\
``` ```` /``````\
``` ``` MM`````WW
`````` /`````````\
````` /```````````\
````others ``````` PH

Where is your problem?

Edit, why didnt the spaces work?.... picture not working they way i wanted, but you can still see it

Last edited:

Inflexus

ZDG's Prophet
The game never said that ganondorf went in right after link, im sure gannondorf didnt know it was open for a good amount of time.
He could have gone in and take the triforce of power anytime during those 7 years.

Ganondorf did go in though, he said that he had followed you the whole time and he was suspecting you.

here is you you can show it chronologicly

`````````` OoT
````````` /````\
``` ```` /``````\
``` ``` MM`````WW
`````` /`````````\
````` /```````````\
````others ``````` PH

Where is your problem?

Majora's Mask and Ocarina happened at the same time. Majora's mask happened with child link, and with the Ocarina of time, therefore it had to have happened within Ocarina of Time. It is not a sequel.

All your items from Wind Waker are gone when you start Phantom Hourglass, no? Whatever happened to them? It doesn't make sense to randomly loose all that you had.

And I've allready proven that the timeline can't split because it is impossible, given the time paradox, for Link to resolve the events of the past without compromising the future. Link creates a never-ending time loop that he is caught in, for the rest of eternity.

Time Paradox=No Timeline.

Thats beacuse WW takes place (said this before) More the a 100 years after. Link is still traped in the place they traped Gannondorf in, only he escaped.

Yes MM is both withen and after OoT, he gets sent back to being a kid at the end of OoT but still after what happoned in the first 3 dugeons, in child timeline the second part of OoT has not happoned, but link still remebers it. In adult timeline it all did.

I asumed that MM took place in the 7 year gap in the middle of. By this I mean that link progressed untill the point in OOT where he is transported forwards 7 years, during those seven years MM takes place, though link sees it as happening after OOT, and has memorys of OOT happening, thats why he is looking for navi.

See, he understands it
what happoned 7 years after he steped into the temple of time NEVER happoned in the child timeline. Only Link knew what originally happoned

Last edited:

Inflexus

ZDG's Prophet
Thats beacuse WW takes place (said this before) More the a 100 years after. Link is still traped in the place they traped Gannondorf in, only he escaped.

That doesn't account for the missing items though, Link still ought to have the full inventory that he had when you beat WW.

Yes MM is both withen and after OoT, he gets sent back to being a kid at the end of OoT but still after what happoned in the first 3 dugeons, in child timeline the second part of OoT has not happoned, but link still remebers it. In adult timeline it all did.

It depends on the state of the Temple of Time when Link got sent back. Link was sent back to the Temple but that means that since the doors were open, it was back to right before Link pulled out the sword for the first time. Zelda wouldn't have been in the castle, she would have been on the run allready. Hyrule would have been on it's way to chaos.

So even at that, it doesn't add up. The time paradox is not resolved and is impossible for Link to evade.

See, he understands it
what happoned 7 years after he steped into the temple of time NEVER happoned in the child timeline. Only Link knew what originally happoned

Link couldn't exist after those 7 years because Zelda would send him back in time in an attempt to prevent it from happening. Nintendo and Zelda both seemed to skip the part that this rips a fatty fabric in the rational "space and time" part of the series, even with time travel, because preventing the events that enabled you to prevent the events is a paradox, you resolve it and then instantaneously unresolve it.

Make sense?

Your treating the split timeline as 1 timeline
When the timeline split, the become 2 seprate timelines haveing nothing to do with each other

Last edited:

Inflexus

ZDG's Prophet
Your treating the split timeline as 1 timeline

I address that a bit with this post, I'd recommend you read the whole thing but this scratches the surface of the theory.

Link's timeline was based heavily on his decendants, but Link doesn't have a way to make kids unless he's an adult. This would indicate that all the games would have to had happened on a single time line(the "child Link timeline),and/or a single plane of reality, over the course of several generations.

However that contradicts the 3 or 4 reality planes(I would argue for more around 5-7 at least) needed for the split timeline to be a possibility.

Is that your only reason has to why PH can't be a sequal? Its ZELDA, one of the main points to the game is collecting items...How about the fact that Tetra is even in it?

" Link is at sea with his friend Tetra and her pirate friends. The game takes place just three months after Link’s epic journey in the Wind Waker"

Inflexus

ZDG's Prophet
Is that your only reason has to why PH can't be a sequal? Its ZELDA, one of the main points to the game is collecting items...How about the fact that Tetra is even in it?

" Link is at sea with his friend Tetra and her pirate friends. The game takes place just three months after Link’s epic journey in the Wind Waker"

It's a logical inconsistancy. It indicates that the games are not matching up the way that they should.

And if they don't add up, my theory on the timeline is correct.

They don't add up.

My theory is correct.

Inflexus

ZDG's Prophet
No your theory is not.

Nope.

Not correct.

You have NOT proved anything.

Stop arguing just because you're wrong.

That's quite the claim. It's unfortunately demolished though, thanks to the mountains of logical evidence in support of my theory. My theory is logically sound and has a factual premise, is it possible that you simply don't understand it?

Inflexus

ZDG's Prophet
Stop arguing against the truth. Link returns to his own time at the end of OoT. But I guess you would have to have beaten the game to know that. GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD, WHEN WE SAY A ZELDA GAME IS A SEQUAL, THEN IT CAME STRAIGHT FROM NINTENDO, NO THEORIES YOU FOOL! Zelda isn't your thing, I suggest theorizing about something else because you obviously don't know what you're ever talking about with this series.

There are only a few games I havn't beaten in the series:

Adventure of Link
Oracle of Seasons/Ages
Link's Awakening
Phantom Hourglass

And I want you to take some time to read the opening post, I think I clarify my position a lot better now, I amended it in a way that will hopefully actually open up possibilities in your mind and actually put us on the same page, so to speak.

In fact, I hope everyone can go back and re-read the new, edited opening post(OP as I may refer to it). I'm actually rather excited about it.

Last edited:
There is something called multi-quote

Anyways,
LA goes with AlttP.

Also you cant have a time paradox if there are 2 timelines, like I said before it seems you are thinking of 2 timelines that connect, Hyrule A got sealed off from B when the temple was closed.

I feel alot calmer posting now then in my other posts, this one is not an attack on your therie.

Inflexus

ZDG's Prophet
Also you cant have a time paradox if there are 2 timelines, like I said before it seems you are thinking of 2 timelines that connect, Hyrule A got sealed off from B when the temple was closed.

Hyrule A was merely 7 years behind with the same events set in motion, so I don't see it as being anything different. It still would create a paradox, so the split wouldn't be able to go there.

Hyrule A was merely 7 years behind with the same events set in motion, so I don't see it as being anything different. It still would create a paradox, so the split wouldn't be able to go there.

Have you seen the ending of OoT? The future is still moving forward, the people of Hyrule celebrate the victory against Ganondorf and the Sages make a small appearance.

In the present, Link moves on with his life and then MM occurs.

Inflexus

ZDG's Prophet
Have you seen the ending of OoT? The future is still moving forward, the people of Hyrule celebrate the victory against Ganondorf and the Sages make a small appearance.

That future depended on Link being there to create it, and in order for it to be maintained, the paradox would have to be resolved with the sealing of Ganon.

In the present, Link moves on with his life and then MM occurs.

That doesn't add up though. How could Link ever exist in the future if he didn't have any decendants or if his legend never happened to begin with? No one would remember anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom