• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Inflexus Timeline Theory

Inflexus

ZDG's Prophet
My Timeline Theory:​

First some brief tidbits of Information before I explain:​

Now I want to argue that the timeline itself is like a child's imagination, a beautiful and creative thing not held back by anything known in this world, by rational reasoning, or anything else.​

What I have constructed is the most rational explanation. I will note that this is not what Nintendo has in mind but this is the only logical possibility due to inconsistancy with statements from Nintendo and the plots and other information from the games.​

With this in mind the "Legend of Zelda" becomes just that- a Legend;free for the storyteller to embellish and alter and add on to or subtract from-a great story. Now there will be several inconsistancies created with that, and so this timeline theory is based around someone looking at the story rationally and noting that.​

This theory has very little to do with the timeline but everything to do with rational thought and I would trust it will be treated as such. It is ad hoc in nature: it was contribed almost exclusively to disprove every other theory out there. I can say quite honestly after looking at it objectively and scientifically it has done just that.​

However one must note that while looking at Zelda as a series it is irrational. The storyline, especially between games, would be inconsistant, not only because there are several pieces missing but because it is a legend; things could have happened or could be just stories, or dreams, or alternate versions of the same tale.​

Do not forsake your theories and your thoughts on the series, infact I'd encourage the opposite-continue to construct and reconstruct ideas.​

I will resolve to use this logic outside of this thread to help critique theories, including my own, to ultimately enlighten our community and come to what I think is an exciting and astounding conclusion.​

We are through all the boring repition of possibilities. This is where it gets interesting.​

Also some quick notes:​

The "Reality Planes" are not numbered for anything other than reference. I'm not trying to imply order with that.​

If the games are connected with a "/" on the reality planes graphic, then it means that they probably happened in a parallel reality at the same time or are indestinguishable timewise.​

I do concede that some of the games do have direct sequels, but that these are chronologically or logically coherant and don't necessaraly "flow" well.​

Last edited:

linkman8

True and Noble
I'm not sure that Zelda could exist without a coherently established timeline, it would just seem a bit too much of a stretch.
Granted it makes sense, but I just don't find it likely.

Well.
Myamoto said OoT was first (back in '98)
and everyone knows LoZ and AoL go together
We also know that FS saga is defenetly a timeline

Inflexus

ZDG's Prophet
Well.
Myamoto said OoT was first (back in '98)
and everyone knows LoZ and AoL go together
We also know that FS saga is defenetly a timeline

Myamoto is a liar then, because the Ocarina of Time doesn't match up with Wind Waker, and none of the other dungeons from the other games maintain that consistancy. There are only two temples in Wind Waker and yet there are 6, 4, 7, or 8 in the other games. It doesn't add up.

Mehplep

Simply awesome
Myamoto is a liar then, because the Ocarina of Time doesn't match up with Wind Waker, and none of the other dungeons from the other games maintain that consistancy. There are only two temples in Wind Waker and yet there are 6, 4, 7, or 8 in the other games. It doesn't add up.

Have it ever occured to you that Hyrule in WW is FLOODED? Heck, it dosen't even take place in Hyrule, Hyrule is the land on the BOTTOM of the Great Sea. Of course it dosen't have as many Temples, it's a whole new world!

Inflexus

ZDG's Prophet
Have it ever occured to you that Hyrule in WW is FLOODED? Heck, it dosen't even take place in Hyrule, Hyrule is the land on the BOTTOM of the Great Sea. Of course it dosen't have as many Temples, it's a whole new world!

Then why would only two temples exist? And why would they have changed names? Also, why were the gorons displaced?

It just doesn't add up.

Mehplep

Simply awesome
Then why would only two temples exist? And why would they have changed names? Also, why were the gorons displaced?

It just doesn't add up.
1. It's two darn different temples! Just because it was six temples in the first game dosen't mean it have to be the six exact temples in all the other games. I don't think that have ever happened, actually. They have nothing to do with the six temples that anyway lies on the bottom of the sea, it's two completely different temples.

2. Now please use your logic. Gorons are rock-people that live in volcanos. If you have played MM, you know that Gorons die when they come in contact with water. Now what happens in WW? Well, the whole place is flooded. Gorons + water = not good. So what happens? Well, they cease to be, they are extreminated.

It adds up very well.

Inflexus

ZDG's Prophet
1. It's two darn different temples! Just because it was six temples in the first game dosen't mean it have to be the six exact temples in all the other games. I don't think that have ever happened, actually. They have nothing to do with the six temples that anyway lies on the bottom of the sea, it's two completely different temples.

And? It doesn't really matter because it shows that the plot is using whatever the programers find convenient, it has nothing to do with a timeline.

2. Now please use your logic. Gorons are rock-people that live in volcanos. If you have played MM, you know that Gorons die when they come in contact with water. Now what happens in WW? Well, the whole place is flooded. Gorons + water = not good. So what happens? Well, they cease to be, they are extreminated.

The Gorons lived on the top of the largest peak, Death Mountain. They would have easily found shelter.

Myamoto is the guy who MADE zelda -.-

When something floods its not just from the ground up you realize. its rain and ground water and a bunch of other crazyness. and when a flood is this big, Im betting the caves got preety damp.

It adds up very well.

This is of topic, but how would the Goron in TP (the one that gives you a bomb bag) in the bottom of the Zora's domain survived? Also, the "traveling merchants" in WW were actually Gorons, and there are Gorons in PH.

Inflexus

ZDG's Prophet
This is of topic, but how would the Goron in TP (the one that gives you a bomb bag) in the bottom of the Zora's domain survived? Also, the "traveling merchants" in WW were actually Gorons, and there are Gorons in PH.

No that's actually on topic, because it defends my theory with counter evidence. We also know that Gorons do not need to breathe for extended periods of time because of that.

So I'd say that throws the extinction theory out the window.

READ THE STORYLINES AND PROLOGUES! Hey also take not on this...TWW Ganondorf calls TWW Link the descendant of the Hero of TIME zomg11!!! ones!1

Inflexus

ZDG's Prophet
READ THE STORYLINES AND PROLOGUES! Hey also take not on this...TWW Ganondorf calls TWW Link the descendant of the Hero of TIME zomg11!!! ones!1

OMFG FALMEZ ARENT ALLOWED QUIT FLAMN ME PLZZZZZZZZ

But really, I think you'll find that the storylines contradict themselves too much for them to be connected outside of a very, very loose sense. A sense of which there is no order whatsoever.

They are just parodies of other stories, and maybe they occasionally play off of eachother, but there's no real time line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom